Dun, is this it?

Help Support CattleToday:

I read it a month ago. Are you suggesting I don't understand epd's Frankie?

EPD's I am slowing figuring out. Now you throw in profit. What is profit? Bret

Bret":r4fsbxsd said:
EPD's I am slowing figuring out. Now you throw in profit. What is profit? Bret

Profit is that elusive thing that we all are chasing and even catching sometimes.

dun

ollie":3sv7l0fp said:
I read it a month ago. Are you suggesting I don't understand epd's Frankie?

Are you still trying to put words in my mouth, Ollie?

I thought I was trying to help rationalize your thoughts. If you didn't mean that I didn't understand them you are irrational.

ollie":b5u6jomw said:
I thought I was trying to help rationalize your thoughts. If you didn't mean that I didn't understand them you are irrational.

It's childish to call people names, Ollie. Your momma would be ashamed. :p

ollie":3ad3vnl8 said:
Here is a much better article on actual profit .Not the expected kind.
http://beef-mag.com/mag/beef_gone_flabby/

Good article but it doesn't address the same issues. The first one is an explanation of what EPDs mean. When I got the magazine I tried to find the article on-line and just like the other one they were still showing last months magazine as the current one.

dun

According to the Red Angus article they are addressing profitability.

ollie":2js65xi2 said:

Profitablility by using EPDs for all traits which they explain. The other articles pretty much just address' carcass grades.

dun

dun":3cuo5fhz said:
ollie":3cuo5fhz said:

Profitablility by using EPDs for all traits which they explain. The other articles pretty much just address' carcass grades.

dun
You must not have read the same article I read. The article I read didn't just address carcass grades but discussed the lost profit from lack of muscle. Epd's were addressed as it related to carcass improvement. I am quite sure though you knew my intent for posting it. That intent was to show there are more decisions that relate to profitability than epd's.

ollie":vd5brgya said:
dun":vd5brgya said:
ollie":vd5brgya said:

dun
You must not have read the same article I read. The article I read didn't just address carcass grades but discussed the lost profit from lack of muscle. Epd's were addressed as it related to carcass improvement. I am quite sure though you knew my intent for posting it. That intent was to show there are more decisions that relate to profitability than epd's.

What part of muscle doesn't have to do with carcass grade? And they also mentioned what EPDs for REA was required, or maybe those are a different meaning of EPD then what we usually think it to stand for.

dun

dun

dun":2yylh5ql said:
ollie":2yylh5ql said:
Epd's were addressed as it related to carcass improvement.

And they also mentioned what EPDs for REA was required, or maybe those are a different meaning of EPD then what we usually think it to stand for.

dun

dun
Did I not just say that?

Latest posts