dumb ?

Help Support CattleToday:

The GFI is your problem, it;s too sensitive to the moisture. get rid of it, and put in a regular outlet.

TB lady":1lwkd41h said:
If you do have a GFCI protected plug, and it only trips when it rains, then there are a couple of possible problems:

1: The extension cord you are using has a ground fault which means that there may be a portion of the cord that has been frayed or the cord ends themselves have problem.

2: The block heater itself or the block heater cord has a ground fault. There may be moisture getting into the connection of the block heater or the cord has been frayed allowing moisture in and causing the ground fault to trip.

GFCI plugs will trip on very small amounts of electrical current to ground (less than 5mA). The best way to test the GFCI plug is to use the cord you have been using for the block heater and try a drill or some other electrical device that has a three prong cord end.

If the GFCI doesn't trip, then you know there is problem with block heater.

If the GFCI does trip, then try a different cord. If it still trips, then you know that the GFCI plug should be replaced.

My husband is an Electrician, and those were his suggestions.
I hope it helps you out.
=======
It is always neat and smooth to read a professional explanation such as this when solving a problem. 8)

Hey anytime anyone needs help with electrical, I can also let my hubby read the problem. That is what this forum is for isnt it,asking for help from people who might have an answer right :D

Jenn