Dumb Kids

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":1kzwl8kj said:
Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot of recessive genes on this board! :lol: :lol:

I always just thought it was because Mama already had three kids by the time I came along, and she was too tired to pay much attention to me!

You mean that isn't it? :lol:

Lammie":ty9y9195 said:
angie":ty9y9195 said:
Is it just me or do there seem to be a lot of recessive genes on this board! :lol: :lol:

I always just thought it was because Mama already had three kids by the time I came along, and she was too tired to pay much attention to me!

You mean that isn't it? :lol:

Hard to say. Sounds like you've had lots of experience with electricity. Who knows what the long term affect of that stuff is!!
I was riding horse in the spring when I was a kid. He (the horse) slipped on the ice and I fell off, hit my head on a rock. Slipped his bridle off and went to go into the barn. We had a double barn door with and L bar and a big heavy board that fit into that. I slipped my hands between the doors and pushed up that board and came into the barn. I must not have pushed the board up far enough, was weak from hitting my head on the rock, and the board came back down and knocked me over the top of the head as I was coming through. I passed out and hit my head on the concrete floor of the barn. Woke up later on the couch in our living room. My dad found me laying on the barn floor and carried me in, he then sat there watching Star Trek waiting for me to wake up. This was before the shovel incident on page 2 (which just might explain the shovel incident on page 2).

We used to play the arrow game too, except we combined ours with fireworks. We would find lots of arrows in our hayfields every year, so dad would give them to us to shoot in our bow. Mom wouldn't let us have any fireworks besides sparklers, and we all know how long a box keeps an 8 year old occupied. Me, my sister, and cousin decided to make our own bottle rockets. We taped the sparklers to the arrows lit them, and then shot them into the night sky. This created a wonderful flaming arrow that would go a few hundred feet into the air. The only problem was if the sparkler went out. Imagine an arrow hurtling toward the ground very close to you, in the dark. The inevitable would eventually happen. An arrow went landed between my cousin's feet. We decided to stop after that. Looking back I wonder how any of us survived.

I remember once when I was a young child my elder brother and two of his friends, took a box of fireworks and emptied the contents into an old lead drain pipe, placed a fuse into it and told all of us little ones to hide behind the wall, they lit the fuse and run to hide with us The thing took off like a rocket and went through the garden wall and demolished part of the embankment where the trains used to run. The train marshals were not impressed neither were our parents, we were grounded for about a month after that, we could not deny it was us as we looked like we had been down a coal mine, black smoked faces and stinking of gun powder, as I said before it's a wonder we are still here.
The most fightening thing was being stuck in quick sand and my Dad fighting to get me out, he put a rope around my middle and his, and pulled with all his might, he said he was so scared he would loose me, I was not allowed to go to the beach by myself again for a long time after that. We had a summer beach house when I was small, and ran around and played on the beach all day long, it was fun as a Town child, to have so much freedom.

Alright I admit it. I was the idiot that stuck a penny in a light socket. I was 3yo, but I still remember it.
Nose dived off of a motorcycle ramp with my pedal bike. Ran a snowmobile into an 8" fence post head on, hid at a friends that night.
Got a little wasted with friends one night and we went rabbit hunting in a pick up. We hung our heads out the window and were calling "here bunny, bunny, bunny". Surprised we were not arrested. :oops: