Dumb Crooks Local Edition

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime

Reaction score
P1010966.jpg

A local idiot stole this boiler from some property my brother owns. The rivets holding it together have heads as big around as silver dollars. Here's a pic of it sitting at one of the local salvage yards that buy scrap metal. Iron is at 10-12 cents a pound now. The boiler weighed 24,000 pounds. Did the idiot thief think this one of a kind boiler was an untraceable artifact? Idiot's facing felony theft charges now. More than one idiot was involved in this idiot plan as you probably guessed. It's up to the totally busted idiot that recieved payment at the salvage yard whether he names the other idiots or not. Metal thievery is rampant in these parts now.

About 2 years ago, I had four 5 ton air conditioner units stolen. They cut the wires and the tubing with a sawzall and took the whole units. Found them in a salvage yard. Called the police, and when they checked the salvage yard's records, all they had for all their transactions were the color and make of the vehicle, no names or license numbers. I raised hell about it and was told If I didn't have a bill of sale with the serial numbers on it there was nothing I could do. I could not even buy them back. Got the insurance to put in new units, after paying the deductible and depreciation. Had them for three months and they took the top off them and cut all the copper and coils out of the inside and then put tops back on. Nothing to trace. My insurance nearly doubled and I had to spend extra money to have sensors installed on the new units to set the alarm off when they are tampered with. All for some crack head to get 50 bucks, for $16,000.00 worth of damage.

Salvage yards here are required to keep records of who brings what in. I'm pretty sure the law can look at these records anytime they want to in order to verify compliance and what the criminal set is up to. If they don't have a record or claim they don't know who brought it, they get charged with receiving stolen property if it can be proven it was yours. We have abundant proof this came from my brother's property as well as a witness(es) that saw him take it. Idiot told witness(es) he bought it from the owner of the property that it came from. Person he named as property owner wasn't the property owner. Witness(s) didn't know at the time who the property owner was but they do now. :D

20 years ago a very old lineman gave me spools of old ground wire. Two hi tensile strenght wires wrapped by copper. Wire is so tough you can't cut it with Kleins. I have strung tons of fence with it. Been really surprised no one has taken the one copper wire off all those strands.

backhoeboogie":uti6xmx4 said:
20 years ago a very old lineman gave me spools of old ground wire. Two hi tensile strenght wires wrapped by copper. Wire is so tough you can't cut it with Kleins. I have strung tons of fence with it. Been really surprised no one has taken the one copper wire off all those strands.
Some meth head will one day conceive of the warped idea that unwrapping the copper would be a perfect use of his time. :D

ga.prime":gjzc8ih3 said:
backhoeboogie":gjzc8ih3 said:
Some meth head will one day conceive of the warped idea that unwrapping the copper would be a perfect use of his time. :D

Two things. Did this make the television news about a week or so ago?

Friend of mine was telling me about copper theft in vacant wharehouses. When they opened the wharehouses up all the copper wire was gone. They found the alledged culprit. I say alledged since they didn't get a confession out of him. The found him by the 440 breaker box with a pair of melted bolt cutters in his hand. Is that poetic justice or what?

cfpinz":1vngzjiw said:
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

How did they load it?
Hired a wrecker service with a roll back that will self load 30 tons to load and haul.

ya'll have seen those big roll's of aluminum or metel strapped to a flat bed semi.. some dumb ass had a cleaver idea to pull up beside one and unhook the booms and roll it off into their truck bed ... good idea in the mind of a hillbilly but they didnt calculate the weight blew ouut the rear tires and sunk it into the asphalt

alacattleman":2e8dxgow said:
ya'll have seen those big roll's of aluminum or metel strapped to a flat bed semi.. some dumb ass had a cleaver idea to pull up beside one and unhook the booms and roll it off into their truck bed ... good idea in the mind of a hillbilly but they didnt calculate the weight blew ouut the rear tires and sunk it into the asphalt
Sweet. :D

a few miles from me they kept stealing the overhead phone line it was a mile or so from a buddy of mines house everytime they did he would be out of a phone for a day or so did it 3 times in 1 month then the phone company decided it was cheaper to bury that stretch of line

Had a moron that was stealing tack and selling it. He got busted and spent 2 years in jail. While he was gone no tack got stolen. The day after he got out his neighbor came up missing a bunch of tack. What a surprise, the cops found all of it at the morons place. He went away for longer this time.

dun":20k90cl3 said:
Had a moron that was stealing tack and selling it. He got busted and spent 2 years in jail. While he was gone no tack got stolen. The day after he got out his neighbor came up missing a bunch of tack. What a surprise, the cops found all of it at the morons place. He went away for longer this time.
That's the kind of moron that's only happy in prison. Lot's of happy morons in prison. Prisons are too soft.

at least they didnt drag it down the road in the middle of the night like my local idiots did.

Beefy":3312cc2b said:
at least they didnt drag it down the road in the middle of the night like my local idiots did.
They didn't have the horsepower or that's what they'da done.

after paying off the wrecker and splitting the money,how much did they clear each????

Don't know, peg. Still evolving. I think they got $2400 from the salvage yard and paid the wrecker $300 for the piece in the pic... It's a convoluted tale of dishonor among 3 or more thieves.

Latest posts