Dumb as Dirt

Help Support CattleToday:

The sale barn I've worked at refers to the term heiferette as a heifer that is bred but is usually too light weight to be bred and has never had a calf. Chances are that there'll be calving problems but if everything goes right, you can make a nice profit since most heiferettes are cheaper than regular bred cows.

a heiferette to me is 1 that can go on grass or the feedlot.same as a thin young cow or open heifer . that has weaned a calf but hasnt bred back.alot of guys buy them put weight on emm. then breed them . an sale them bred . scott

And all this time I thought when you guys were talking about heiferettes I thought "man all these guys know my ex-second wife?". She started out as a little calf. Then blossomed into a little heifer who soon grew into a big heifer. This heifer kept etting and turned into a heiferette at which point I had to cull her. :lol:

i was just thinking that myself. wondering when you guys would turn it into a loaded q lolol. sometimes i think its us old bulls that get culled 1st tho lolol. scott

bigbull338":3p06rb9j said:
i was just thinking that myself. wondering when you guys would turn it into a loaded q lolol. sometimes i think its us old bulls that get culled 1st tho lolol. scott

No bigbull. I think the term you are looking for is fleeced. :lol:

well ive known of a few guys that got fleeced like that. one guy lost his dairy to his ex. so he had to buy another daiy. an he ended up with a dairy in the middle of mesquite tx. scott

My best friend got fleeced like that. He had a prize bull that kept getting into the yard and his wife told him that either that bull left or she would. He called me and I hauled the bull to town. I kept telling him he would be better off to keep the bull. 6 months later, she divorced him and took it all----every once in a while, I keep reminding him, he should have kept the bull----lol. Of course this was his 4th wife, so he might have been a little to blame--lol

i guess thats why im a bachlor. to meny long hard hours out with the cows. i know that guy was sick after selling his bull an wife ended up leaving him anyway . scott

As I always have said, and always will --- I sure like dealing with animals more then people... animals are honest, and are pleasant to be around (most of the time), won't cheat on ya, if you don't like how they act you can sell them, and what I say goes! :)

A person really needs to learn from their experiences. That is why I wont have a second wife. Once was more than enough for me. The guy with the fourth wife must have enjoyed playing Russian Rollette.
As an old roping partner of mine use to say, "I never understood why a man would give away have his food just to get the other half cooked."
Dave

AAAhhhh.... guess once again I count myself as the lucky one.......my much better half by far, is still fit and trim, and even more beautiful then the day i got her drunk and got her to marry me almost 20 years ago............my younger brother's wife is the same... my older bother's wife has a chest and a butt you could stack round bales of hay on.

it is actually me that got a bit of the middle age spread going, she says she can't see it.....what a woman! ;-) :cboy:

medic if your sister in law is built like tha she is stacked . trying to picture a chest an butt you can stack round bales on.ive had the middle age spread for yrs. scott

Longtails4Me":3e4n3eb2 said:
Seems most internet cattlemen don't know what heiferettes are....that's interesting. ;-) It is a basic class of feeder cattle,
that has been explained very well. The male counterpart is called a "cutting bull". You can call anyone in any part of the country that feeds or ships cattle, and he'll know exactly what your talking about. Basic stuff here.

Well popcorn I have been running cattle for decades ( before the internet was discovered by Al Gore) and never heard the term except on this board figured it was a cowboy that wore pink chaps.

Caustic Burno":245rydhg said:
Longtails4Me":245rydhg said:
Seems most internet cattlemen don't know what heiferettes are....that's interesting. ;-) It is a basic class of feeder cattle,
that has been explained very well. The male counterpart is called a "cutting bull". You can call anyone in any part of the country that feeds or ships cattle, and he'll know exactly what your talking about. Basic stuff here.

Well popcorn I have been running cattle for decades ( before the internet was discovered by Al Gore) and never heard the term except on this board figured it was a cowboy that wore pink chaps.
I'm no internet Cattleman by far, but right here was the first time I ever heard the term "Heiferette". I've called them a few other names in the pens though.

Caustic Burno":296s5kxq said:
Longtails4Me":296s5kxq said:

Now that's classic Burno.

Caustic Burno":2ohnl44d said:
Don't worry, Caustic. Everybody can't be informed about simple marketing terms. Try spending a little more time talking to some real cattle buyers instead of those bib overall wearing wannabes/usedtobes that you sit with at the salebarn.

I've been talking to cattlebuyer's for 20 years and have been around cattle for all of my 41 years This is the only place I have heard of heiferette. I do sit in the auctions with bib overall's. I just don't know if I'm a wannabe or a usedtobe. :shock:

Bama":28ctf0x3 said:
I've been talking to cattlebuyer's for 20 years and have been around cattle for all of my 41 years This is the only place I have heard of heiferette. I do sit in the auctions with bib overall's. I just don't know if I'm a wannabe or a usedtobe. :shock:

I will keep sitting with the usedtobes like the company, all them old dumb usedtobes got enough money in there pockets to burn a wet mule.

Caustic Burno":3e3j4u5u said:
Bama":3e3j4u5u said:

I will keep sitting with the usedtobes like the company, all them old dumb usedtobes got enough money in there pockets to burn a wet mule.

you tryin to hint at what's in your pocket there CB??

Jake":3w53nydo said:
Caustic Burno":3w53nydo said:
Bama":3w53nydo said:

you tryin to hint at what's in your pocket there CB??

Naw sirs I is as poors as a church mouse, gots sorry old commericial cows with no papers. You fall through the outhouse floor here you won't land in honey.

Latest posts