DUI, jail isn't a deterrent when your pickled.

Help Support CattleToday:

Not so stupid of a move as most defense attorneys will advise you to do the exact same thing if you are intoxicated and stopped. Refuse a breath test and the prosecution has a harder time proving whether you became intoxicated before or after the stop. It won't stop you from being arrested and going to trial, but it is a defense to be raised.

slick4591":21u70i3i said:
Not so stupid of a move as most defense attorneys will advise you to do the exact same thing if you are intoxicated and stopped. Refuse a breath test and the prosecution has a harder time proving whether you became intoxicated before or after the stop. It won't stop you from being arrested and going to trial, but it is a defense to be raised.

I've heard that said many times as well. I'm absolutely against driving and drinking or driving after drinking but in general, also believe it's never a good thing for a suspect to give the prosecution any help. The defense has it's job and the prosecution has theirs. Repeat offenders tho, I have absolutely no sympathy for.

slick4591":33xgyuc7 said:
Probably work this day and age, honest judge, I got drunk after he pulled me over.. I was completely sober up till then..its that cops fault I'm here..

ALACOWMAN":cr14a6z3 said:
slick4591":cr14a6z3 said:
Probably work this day and age, honest judge, I got drunk after he pulled me over.. I was completely sober up till then..its that cops fault I'm here..

Or he could get an ACLU attorney and he could claim he identified as a sober driver and no amount of science or common sense could prove otherwise and he could continue his life of sobriety.

ALACOWMAN":1o1gpxy4 said:
slick4591":1o1gpxy4 said:

Worked 25+ years ago on an intoxicated manslaughter charge. I was in the courtroom.

slick4591":khfqbyfn said:
ALACOWMAN":khfqbyfn said:
slick4591":khfqbyfn said:

Worked 25+ years ago on an intoxicated manslaughter charge. I was in the courtroom.

It'll only be a matter of time before this drunk kills someone. Manslaughter my but, it's pre meditated murder plain and simple.

Latest posts