Due Process vs. Patriot Act

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire

Reaction score
"I was terrified," Lundeby's mother said. "There were guns, and I don't allow guns around my children. I don't believe in guns."

Lundeby told the officers that someone had hacked into her son's IP address and was using it to make crank calls connected through the Internet, making it look like the calls had originated from her home when they did not.

Her argument was ignored, she said. Agents seized a computer, a cell phone, gaming console, routers, bank statements and school records, according to federal search warrants.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5049867

Three thoughts come to mind on this article:

1. It could have happened that way, but

2. The FBI usually takes months to investigate before they respond like that, don't they, and

3. Casey Anthony's mother still believes in her innocense also.

The point of the article is her child is in jail as a result of the Patriot act and therefore the constitution and due process is ignored. This issue is not whether the child is guilty or innocent.

Hope that doesn't happen to me. I can see the headlines now. THREE AGENTS SHOT! Three agents shot when they kicked in his door and another suffered a serious ankle bite after tazing the suspected terrorist. Agents confiscated 12 handguns and 58 rifles and shotguns along with thousands of rounds of ammunition with many being the dreaded green tipped rounds - none of which bore serial numbers. Agents also discovered thousands of pounds of bomb-making materials in the barn camouflaged as fertilizer. Agent Jan Swarkowski - FBI Profiler - stated, "this person was definitely one sick individual who surely had his sights set on the overthrow of the free world. He had even trained a 9 week old puppy to "attack" Agents are still baffled by some of the homemade devices found in his workshop but we are sure these would be used in a reign of terror not seen since David Koresh massacred all the women and children children in 1993. Defenders of the terrorist cited that he was a quite, hard-working, yet unfortunately white male and non hispanic, who had earned his Eagle Scout and palms and even had an accommodation and thank you letter signed by President Jimmy Carter. Lawanda Kennedy Reno - assistant federal district attorney - stated that, "this just goes to show you what great lengths terrorist will go to and why we need more funding to fulfill our mission to protect the public."

I can see it now. Save a room at Gitmo fo Jo!

Jogeephus":2f7t9170 said:
Hope that doesn't happen to me. I can see the headlines now. THREE AGENTS SHOT! Three agents shot when they kicked in his door and another suffered a serious ankle bite after tazing the suspected terrorist. Agents confiscated 12 handguns and 58 rifles and shotguns along with thousands of rounds of ammunition with many being the dreaded green tipped rounds - none of which bore serial numbers. Agents also discovered thousands of pounds of bomb-making materials in the barn camouflaged as fertilizer. Agent Jan Swarkowski - FBI Profiler - stated, "this person was definitely one sick individual who surely had his sights set on the overthrow of the free world. He had even trained a 9 week old puppy to "attack" Agents are still baffled by some of the homemade devices found in his workshop but we are sure these would be used in a reign of terror not seen since David Koresh massacred all the women and children children in 1993. Defenders of the terrorist cited that he was a quite, hard-working, yet unfortunately white male and non hispanic, who had earned his Eagle Scout and palms and even had an accommodation and thank you letter signed by President Jimmy Carter. Lawanda Kennedy Reno - assistant federal district attorney - stated that, "this just goes to show you what great lengths terrorist will go to and why we need more funding to fulfill our mission to protect the public."

:lol:

Its funny but its not. I always here on the news something like "police found a cache of hundreds of rounds and several firearms including an assault rifle." I always think it must not be anyone I know if they only found hundreds of rounds. I bet you have some books the media wouldn't approve of either.

Yeah, we have several Bibles in the house and a copy of the US Constitution just in case they all go missing.

Edit, I would like to say this though. I'm sure there is more to the story than the press is telling. I also think that had our founding fathers known of surveilance cameras and such - our courts wouldn't be wasting money on these "innocent people" who "alledgedly" held up a convenience store while on camera.

"Never in my worst nightmare did I ever think that it would be my own government that I would have to protect my children from," Lundeby said

She needs a history lesson.

Jogeephus":kc2inqi7 said:

"Gitmo Jo"....got a certain ring to it. :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts