Duck Hunters??

Help Support CattleToday:

tripleBfarms

Reaction score
I've got an itch for a new Shotgun. I'm looking at the new Remington Versa Max, in Duck Blind Camo pattern. Anybody have this one? If so, how do you like it.

I have also looked at the Beretta, and the Winchester Super X3, all are roughly the same price. Benelli is too rich for my blood.

Opinions?

Is price keeping you from considering Benelli? I like my Super Black Eagle II.

Edit - oops, just saw your Benelli comment.

Yeah, 8-900 makes me sick to my stomach already, but I just cant stand 1400. But yes, the SBE is very nice

tripleBfarms":2xv362f4 said:
I've got an itch for a new Shotgun. I'm looking at the new Remington Versa Max, in Duck Blind Camo pattern. Anybody have this one? If so, how do you like it.

I have also looked at the Beretta, and the Winchester Super X3, all are roughly the same price. Benelli is too rich for my blood.

Opinions?

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... sp?f1=029B

You only live once might as well hunt with the best.

Caustic Burno":ozbjucx5 said:
tripleBfarms":ozbjucx5 said:

Opinions?

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... sp?f1=029B

You only live once might as well hunt with the best.

CB, I looked a couple new A-5's and I really didn't like how light they were, even the one's with wood stocks. Course i'm use to shooting the old A-5 canons.

tripleB, I would pick out a used $700 A-5 with your choice of gauge. Once you get use to shooting it, you will be able to shoot anything out of the sky.
drone-hunting.jpg

But kidding aside, pick one that feels comfortable when you shoulder it, shoots straight, and consistently, and is in your price range.

I have 3 of the old A-5's one is a St Louis Browning. Made in St Louis by Remington when Hitler invaded Belgium.
They are heavy but dang they work and shoot good. I like the weight of the new A-5 but then again I am a 16 gauge man and like a lighter gun.
My favorite shotgun is a draw between the Model 12 and the BPS. I retired my Model 97's. The BPS is nice in the duck blind throwing the hulls at your feet not in your buddies face.

I'm looking hard at the new A5. I don't buy new guns anymore but I can't stand to shoot steel in a Belgium Browning. I also want 3 1/2" since we have to shoot that dang steel.
I haven't handled one but the reason I'm interested is because I'm best with the old Auto 5's. I grew up using a 870 but can sure out shoot myself with the browning.

jedstivers":12pzwise said:
I'm looking hard at the new A5. I don't buy new guns anymore but I can't stand to shoot steel in a Belgium Browning. I also want 3 1/2" since we have to shoot that dang steel.
I haven't handled one but the reason I'm interested is because I'm best with the old Auto 5's. I grew up using a 870 but can sure out shoot myself with the browning.

You can shoot classic doubles in them after you sign the loan papers to get a box. Make you break down and cry if you miss a bird.
Even if you reload hevi shot is like 175 bucks for 7 pounds of shot.
http://www.ballisticproducts.com/HeviSh ... /02311134/

Caustic Burno":2itqu9p7 said:
jedstivers":2itqu9p7 said:

You can shoot classic doubles in them after you sign the loan papers to get a box. Make you break down and cry if you miss a bird.
Even if you reload hevi shot is like 175 bucks for 7 pounds of shot.
http://www.ballisticproducts.com/HeviSh ... /02311134/
I have bought some hevishot in 16 but I really like to shoot and its not near as much fun when your thinking about it.

tripleBfarms":90f7ceqa said:
Yeah, 8-900 makes me sick to my stomach already, but I just cant stand 1400. But yes, the SBE is very nice

How old are you. A Benelli is a lifetime gun. My Dad just left me his M-90 and we figure it has several thousand rounds throught it. The only thing it has ever has done is to replace the main spring.

3waycross":3g3qy4r7 said:
tripleBfarms":3g3qy4r7 said:

How old are you. A Benelli is a lifetime gun. My Dad just left me his M-90 and we figure it has several thousand rounds throught it. The only thing it has ever has done is to replace the main spring.

37. I've got an 870 Super Mag now, I just want a semi auto. I get what your saying, maybe I'll wait another year and look at the SBE 2, or the Browning, and enjoy it for years, though I wonder if they are as good as the older ones.

tripleBfarms":37tphqe4 said:
3waycross":37tphqe4 said:
tripleBfarms":37tphqe4 said:

37. I've got an 870 Super Mag now, I just want a semi auto. I get what your saying, maybe I'll wait another year and look at the SBE 2, or the Browning, and enjoy it for years, though I wonder if they are as good as the older ones.

I own a SBE and a Montefeltro in 12ga and I like them both but the M90 is the workhorse. My Dad's was one of the originals and had loose tolerances. It only jammed maybe 3 times in 40 years and then it was because he could care less about cleaning it. He would just douche it out with gunscrubber and keep on shooting.

My SBE is much tighter tolerances and a royal PITA in really cold weather. It jams a lot. The montefeltro never jams!

I don't duck hunt but all my auto's are remington and browning to be more specific I have rem 1100 magnums with 30" barrels and my brownings are gold hunters with 30 inch barrels neither shoots 3.5 but will shoot 3 inch I am hoping santa brings me a winchester x2 or x3 my gunsmith told me that browning bought winchester or something and the x2 and x3 shoot as good as any browning since the redesign.

To get in where the ducks are around here means crawling through a beaver swamp or floating a river. More than once I've gotten tripped up before you know it, your gus under water. That's why I use a cheap 12 ga Remington 870 Express for the ducks. I've been fortunate to never loose my shotgun in the swamp but have seen it happen.
When it comes to dry land waterfowl hunting its either my Remington Peerless for ducks and the 10ga Browning Auto for goose.

Latest posts