duck blind

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Does anyone on here have plans for a real cheap duck blind? Just wondering cause with all the rain we've had i'm gonna see how bad an aim I got.

I used to use a piece of woven wire. You can lace grass,cornstalks or whatever you got there into it and stand it up. Works pretty good and the cost is free if you can find a scrap of wire.

Cheapest duckblind I ever used was a pair of chesthigh waders and leaning against a tree.

dun

thanks dun, just one, problem there ain't no trees in my neck of the woods.Ha, Ha, Ha!

I made one out of a half of a a cattle panel I had laying out in the pasture, 2 old steel posts and a piece of the old militay leaf camo stuff I found in an old juck car. Free (just my time, digging up the stuff)=pretty cheap effective duck blind.

txshowmom":1siyw0y3 said:
Pile up some old dead limbs and get right in the middle of them.

What limbs? Says there aren't any trees

dun

If he has a truck he can bring them from somewhere else. We have a huge lake that does not have any trees around it and we drag old dead limbs there every year and use them as a duck blind. You should bring them early in the year and leave them there sso the ducks will get used to seeing them.

I've seen duckblinds made hundreds of different ways. One of the most effective duck/deer blinds made is a round bale (if you're on the edge of the water and not in it). You can take an old fuel tank and bury it about 3 or 4 feet in the ground.

Are you going to hunt in the water or on the bank?

JB

txshowmom":p2quf3gx said:
If he has a truck he can bring them from somewhere else.
I'll try to help you out, Travis. Bring your truck and the biggest trailer you can find. I'll make you a good deal on some! In fact, I think I'll just give 'em to you if you'll pick 'em up. I was just gonna burn 'em, anyway. ;-)

Thanks for help Texan but I think i'm gonna try the hay bale or panel blind. Have a good one!!!

I've restrained myself as long as I can.
You make a duck blind by poking your fingers in it's eyes.

dun

I've restrained myself as long as I can.
You make a duck blind by poking your fingers in it's eyes.

dun

Cute dun. And here I thought you got to be a guru because you were full of wisdom, now I see its just because you are full of sh**! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The original question for some obscure reason made me think of Comicus in the History of the World Part 1.
How do you make a venesion blind?

dun

Latest posts