DTV

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy of Texas

Reaction score
My gripe for the day is this dtv crap they are making us convert to. Oh my, I just have been having fits with this mess. I got my free box from H.E.B. a month or so ago. We don't have dish or and other satellite. If we did Rick would never get his chores done.
Anyway, I put this box on my kitchen tv. Lets see there is 7 new latino stations and 5 new christian station . I've lost one fox station and I 've lost PBS. That makes me mad PBS has alot of interesting programs. I have 6 blank stations. What's the deal ! I still have nbc,abc and cbs. So how is that making any new wonderful changes.
No I'm not going to buy a new tv. We wouldn't watch it enough. I do have some friends that went and bought a new tv. They are not that happy. Oh yes the tv is nice. But the channels suck.
Is this just our area ? Has anyone else notice the channels ?

I have the coupons for two boxes for mine and my son's room, but have not used them yet. I guess I need to. We have DISH network in the living room. I was toying with the idea of getting the house wired for Dish, but am weighing the expense. I think I pay too much for that now through AT&T, but that's another rant... I need to call around but haven't done that, either. I barely get the animals and my son fed at night before I pass out. This winter weather makes me tired.

We get about 18 channels with our converter box... and no, I dont like it either.

Why can't you get all the channels with the box? I thought that was the point of getting one. I really like PBS and I would have to miss some of those shows, especially American Experience.

PBS may not have switched over yet to digital. For the unwanted channels, why not just lock them out so they don;t show up?

Seems that the digital signal is not as strong. I would rather have a snowy picture than a picture with missing parts and broken sound. Those of us on an antenna are in the minority and have been sweep under the rug.
And folks want the gov to fix health care, when they can not keep a TV signal working. Follow the money.

Don't work for crap here either. Have rabbit ears for my inside antenna and was told that is probably the problem, need an outside antenna in order to get reception. I went from 5 channels to 4 versions of ion tv. Can't get the networks for more than about 5 minutes then in goes "all pixely"..... :mad:

Maybe it will all be better after the switch. Maybe the box messes up the analog until after the switch.

Does this mean that all those television towers at Cedar Hill will be torn down? I would like to see that. Those suckers are TALL.

since we are on dish.we are all rigged up for the cange over in feb.we have 2 bigscreen hi defs an 2 reg tvs connected.

john250":n5w5t6ho said:
I'm strongly considering dropping DISH and getting a library card.

And how would you watch your beloved college basketball?

Just read this, answers a lot of questions.http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/01/dtv-its-the-ant.html

Joy we have been on the digital box off of our antenna since we got the new television for the living room. 2 years maybe? I lost channel 27 but still get it back in the bedroom on the new TV there with built in digital receiving, for some strange reason. PBS is crystal clear in digital on my sets.

We also get a lot of sub stations now. For instance channel now has 4-1, 4-2, 4-3 etc. The substation -2 is generally weather or radar on all of them. Since we haven't had any rain in forever, radar doesn't do much good. Occasionally it shows the 45 mile an hour winds and direction tho. (just in case you haven't been outside perhaps) The -3 is generally rerun olympics on one channel and some kind of tower cam out of DFW on another. Just what you always wanted to watch, the traffic right?

Anyway, we are ready for 2/17 digital conversion on all sets. So now I can look into the biased media broadcasts with a little more clarity. Oh yea, if Cokie Roberts comes on I can switch to the tower cam and watch traffic instead. :banana:

CKC1586":q1cbvnzs said:
Don't work for crap here either. Have rabbit ears for my inside antenna and was told that is probably the problem, need an outside antenna in order to get reception. I went from 5 channels to 4 versions of ion tv. Can't get the networks for more than about 5 minutes then in goes "all pixely"..... :mad:

I bought a converter box for the tv in the guest bedroom. That tv is on rabbit ears only and before the box I only got one major network out of Dallas and it was snowy. Now I get a bunch of channels that are all crystal clear and all the local channels. The only thing new that I don't like is the picture does not fill the tv screen from left to right but does top to bottom. Didn't have that before the converter box.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1fqk3zcp said:
CKC1586":1fqk3zcp said:

I bought a converter box for the tv in the guest bedroom. That tv is on rabbit ears only and before the box I only got one major network out of Dallas and it was snowy. Now I get a bunch of channels that are all crystal clear and all the local channels. The only thing new that I don't like is the picture does not fill the tv screen from left to right but does top to bottom. Didn't have that before the converter box.

In that article I noted, it said the the rabbit ears won't help. It's the "bowtie" one that you need, it's for the UHF.
Mahoney- check your remote, you may have a screen width setting on there somewhere that you can adjust.

iowahawkeyes":s0n1yyby said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":s0n1yyby said:
CKC1586":s0n1yyby said:

In that article I noted, it said the the rabbit ears won't help. It's the "bowtie" one that you need, it's for the UHF.
Mahoney- check your remote, you may have a screen width setting on there somewhere that you can adjust.

I did check the aspect ratio setting on the tv and the converter box and all I get is less than full screen or less than that full screen. :lol:

Here's an intersting site that will tell you what kind of antenna you need.
You have to have something in all the boxes but it will work with just cummy stuff except for the address

Latest posts