dry places on calfs head???

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

hey, i have about 50 holstein heifers, 25 raised and 25 bought. the ones that i bought had these really bad dry spots on the head. he called the hot spots.... they have passed it on to my raised hiefers. i would like to know if there is a treetment or there real name . THEY ARE NOT RINGWORMS>>>>> Thanks for any help....

well everybody that has looked at it says that it is not because they are gray and are not circular....

Have a vet check them. that would be logical to do. He should give you something to clear it up. It sounds like it is contagious.

Ringworm is a misnomer. It's not caused by a worm and it's not necesarrily round. Have a vet look at it, or at a minimum take a closeup picture and take it the him/her/it and get a professional opinion. Or treat it as ringworm and see if it doesn't clear up.

dun

cj":2n6qaimp said:
well everybody that has looked at it says that it is not because they are gray and are not circular....

dun":c05qhgiy said:
Ringworm is a misnomer. It's not caused by a worm and it's not necesarrily round. Have a vet look at it, or at a minimum take a closeup picture and take it the him/her/it and get a professional opinion. Or treat it as ringworm and see if it doesn't clear up.

dun

cj":c05qhgiy said:

They could be Warts.

whatever it is its obviously contagious so get it checked out and hope for ringworm!

Latest posts