• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

dry places on calfs head???

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

hey, i have about 50 holstein heifers, 25 raised and 25 bought. the ones that i bought had these really bad dry spots on the head. he called the hot spots.... they have passed it on to my raised hiefers. i would like to know if there is a treetment or there real name . THEY ARE NOT RINGWORMS>>>>> Thanks for any help....

Linda

Reaction score
And what makes you think they're not ringworm?

OP
A

Anonymous

well everybody that has looked at it says that it is not because they are gray and are not circular....

la4angus

Reaction score
Have a vet check them. that would be logical to do. He should give you something to clear it up. It sounds like it is contagious.

dun

Reaction score
Ringworm is a misnomer. It's not caused by a worm and it's not necesarrily round. Have a vet look at it, or at a minimum take a closeup picture and take it the him/her/it and get a professional opinion. Or treat it as ringworm and see if it doesn't clear up.

dun

cj":2n6qaimp said:
well everybody that has looked at it says that it is not because they are gray and are not circular....

BLACKPOWER

Reaction score
dun":c05qhgiy said:
Ringworm is a misnomer. It's not caused by a worm and it's not necesarrily round. Have a vet look at it, or at a minimum take a closeup picture and take it the him/her/it and get a professional opinion. Or treat it as ringworm and see if it doesn't clear up.

dun

cj":c05qhgiy said:

They could be Warts.

Beefy

Reaction score
whatever it is its obviously contagious so get it checked out and hope for ringworm!

Latest posts