Dry Heat

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
something we dont get here.. not bragging, but it suprized me the way my cattle handle the temps at 105 + - degrees for several days, but low humidity... i figured they would be open mouth panting and drooling.. but outside of the shade it was business as usual

Yep, even North Dakota and Minnesota can boil you over and leave you limp as a dishrag! Very sticky here on the Minn-NDak border. Flies are terrible, horses are standing in a smudge and much happier for it!

working outside this weekend, i had 2 tee shirts both days... one i wore till it was soaked, hung it on a post wore the other till it was and swapped back and forth...

ALACOWMAN":3vggt9kn said:
working outside this weekend, i had 2 tee shirts both days... one i wore till it was soaked, hung it on a post wore the other till it was and swapped back and forth...

Heck I do the exact opposite. Put on a wet shirt in the dry hot wind and it is dry in less than 10 minutes and you start wetting it up yourself. Put on a different wet shirt in the wind and it is cold at first. Rinse that other one and put it in a coffee can of water. It helps you survive when it is 100 plus degrees.

A nasty reminder of what summer can be like. We have had a couple of mild summers but with an El Nino predicted to return we could be in for a hot one this year.
Ken

ALACOWMAN":3r52w9z6 said:
ANAZAZI":3r52w9z6 said:
I simply walk around without one. Too easy?
it was when i was a kid...but things start growing on you the older you get that were'nt there before :cowboy:
Guess you had to quit wearing those cut-offs too. :lol: :lol2: :lol: :hide:

TexasBred":2itbwc1x said:
ALACOWMAN":2itbwc1x said:
ANAZAZI":2itbwc1x said:
it was when i was a kid...but things start growing on you the older you get that were'nt there before :cowboy:

He saves the cut-offs for those trips to Home Depot :shock: :lol2:

bugs are so bad here that I cover as much hide as I can.....humidity is high enough that nothing dries out so you just get used to being relativly funky.....

A cool bath and soak in the tub is the reward at the end of the day.....

pdfangus":19a4sokp said:
bugs are so bad here that I cover as much hide as I can.....humidity is high enough that nothing dries out so you just get used to being relativly funky.....

A cool bath and soak in the tub is the reward at the end of the day.....
folloewd by a ice cold natty fatty :cowboy:

TexasBred":4r91nfie said:
ALACOWMAN":4r91nfie said:
ANAZAZI":4r91nfie said:
my legs aint seen sunshine.. since around the late 90's early 2000.. you know when you choose the mountains, over the ocean, your getting old....

.. you know when you choose the mountains, over the ocean, your getting old....[/quote]

I don't know about that. Around here the mountains are pretty steep and seem to get steeper every year. On the other hand there aren't very many days here that you wear cut offs at the beach here. Miles of flat sandy beaches all to yourself. But then I doubt the high today at the beach will reach 68 degrees. And the water is around 50 some degrees. It might be a bit cool for some of you.

Dave":69emkz0f said:
.. you know when you choose the mountains, over the ocean, your getting old....

I don't know about that. Around here the mountains are pretty steep and seem to get steeper every year. On the other hand there aren't very many days here that you wear cut offs at the beach here. Miles of flat sandy beaches all to yourself. But then I doubt the high today at the beach will reach 68 degrees. And the water is around 50 some degrees. It might be a bit cool for some of you.[/quote]

WHAT GOOD IS A BEACH AT THE NORTH POLE IN SHARK INFESTED WATERS?

pdfangus":m5zhku9h said:
Dave":m5zhku9h said:

I don't know about that. Around here the mountains are pretty steep and seem to get steeper every year. On the other hand there aren't very many days here that you wear cut offs at the beach here. Miles of flat sandy beaches all to yourself. But then I doubt the high today at the beach will reach 68 degrees. And the water is around 50 some degrees. It might be a bit cool for some of you.

WHAT GOOD IS A BEACH AT THE NORTH POLE IN SHARK INFESTED WATERS?[/quote]

The good news is there aren't any sharks. The water is too cold for them. The bad news is there aren't many bikini wearing women either. Too cold for them too.

Dave":3hkzu3yt said:

I don't know about that. Around here the mountains are pretty steep and seem to get steeper every year. On the other hand there aren't very many days here that you wear cut offs at the beach here. Miles of flat sandy beaches all to yourself. But then I doubt the high today at the beach will reach 68 degrees. And the water is around 50 some degrees. It might be a bit cool for some of you.[/quote] in Helen Ga.... i become the Alpine redneck,,, way overdue for a trip there
:cowboy:

Latest posts