Dry and windy=fire

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Avery large fire is burning about 15 mi north west of me.Jumped hwy 287 and railroad track and still going strong. Got held up in traffic for about 20 min. It's shore not looking purty.

Cal

Besides the loss of property and livestock..I feel for those poor firefighters, in 100 plus degree heat, with all that gear..:(

and we havent even hit July fourth yet. :(

Vette isn't it you that has people around Trevat and Nigton talking about evacuating Groveton, Apple Springs.
Fire started down at Carmona from bearing going out on a fellows stock trailer, they gave him a ticket for the bearing going out. I know who it was. Got a good fire going on over here in Tyler county couple of billhilly's shooting propane tanks. Those two failed the daily IQ test.

The reports show that fires in Texas went wild over the last few days. Hope you get some rain. There are a lot of resources being ask for but Texas say they have no money left to pay for them. Looks like FEMA will help a little but that takes a long time.
Heading to Florida this weekend to replace the crews we already have there. Looks pretty bad there also as well as Georgia.

kenny thomas":2zp81u05 said:
The reports show that fires in Texas went wild over the last few days. Hope you get some rain. There are a lot of resources being ask for but Texas say they have no money left to pay for them. Looks like FEMA will help a little but that takes a long time. Gov. Perry is saying Texas is in good shape thanks to him. It's the Federal Government that's broke.

Heading to Florida this weekend to replace the crews we already have there. Looks pretty bad there also as well as Georgia.

KenB":2afuteey said:
kenny thomas":2afuteey said:
The reports show that fires in Texas went wild over the last few days. Hope you get some rain. There are a lot of resources being ask for but Texas say they have no money left to pay for them. Looks like FEMA will help a little but that takes a long time. Gov. Perry is saying Texas is in good shape thanks to him. It's the Federal Government that's broke.

Texas as a whole I think is in good shape it is the Texas Forest Service that is in trouble. They have been having fires for so long and many of them large ones that their budget is gone.

Caustic Burno":3l8tqmok said:
Praise the Lord it's raining. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Whoooooeeeee!!!! 1 1/2 inches of rain overnight. I am going out just to play in the mud.

Cal

Calman":25wfaimb said:
Caustic Burno":25wfaimb said:
Praise the Lord it's raining. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Whoooooeeeee!!!! 1 1/2 inches of rain overnight. I am going out just to play in the mud.

Cal

Cal,
We had an 1.5 inches of rain also. It was just about a perfect rain - relatively steady from about 11pm 'til after 2 am! No sleep due to lighting and thunder was definitely worth it.

Caustic Burno":yuqym5ui said:
I can't remember if it was Vette or TB has family over in the area, it was one on those boys from the central part of the state.
CB all we have had is 30-40 mph winds for days now. A few clouds yesterday but no moisture. DFW got rain and high winds early this morning but nothing back down here. I think there is a small chance this afternoon but not holding my breath.

we got NOTHING..it all built up east of us..saw the clouds and heard the thunder..felt afew fat raindrops while I fed and that was it...

Latest posts