Dry and windy=fire

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2zrjkbc4 said:
Got a couple inches over night amd still raining, this doesn't break the drought but is a dang fine start.
The fire danger will be down for a while.

Good for you CB. After the Sunday night rain it turned off here.But now I'm going to start plowing thursday. :clap: :clap:

Cal

Got 2 inches this morning....Brings us to about 6.4 inches for this year and 14.7 for the last 12 months.

Caustic Burno":2lv0zob3 said:
I can't remember if it was Vette or TB has family over in the area, it was one on those boys from the central part of the state.
Opps...haven't visited this thread for a few days...Must be TB or someone else...Our family operations are west of the Brazos.

1982vett":2dz8z44v said:
Got 2 inches this morning....Brings us to about 6.4 inches for this year and 14.7 for the last 12 months.

Still raining here has been a slow steady rain all morning. It is the good kind that is soaking in and not running down the hill for the creek.

Strong storm hit us about 10:45 last night. First thunder clap about knocked me out of bed.Thought it was coming a flood but it was only a shower being blown about 50 mph in the wind. Did end up with a tad over an inch. One tree in the pasture snapped off about 10 ft. above ground a several others lost limbs. A little cooler this morning and everything is refreshed but ol' Hilda is shining hot now so it won't last long. Another four inches wouldn't hurt a thing.

Outlook Beyond 2011: The affects of continued very low solar activity, a current multi decadal cycle of colder than average tropical Pacific water temperatures, and a trend for stronger and longer duration southwestern and southern US drought producing La Nina episodes will likely keep a more frequent and/or prolonged drought condition a persistent and fire potential amplifying condition for the Southern area for the next 15 years or so. This problem will be particularly significant, we believe, for the states of Oklahoma and Texas in our geographic area. As we have already seen, drought conditions comparable to those of the early to mid 1950s as well as at least the late 1800s in terms of "recent" time can be expected.(quote)

This is something I recieved today. Not good. 15 years?

kenny thomas":36hfoles said:
Outlook Beyond 2011: The affects of continued very low solar activity, a current multi decadal cycle of colder than average tropical Pacific water temperatures, and a trend for stronger and longer duration southwestern and southern US drought producing La Nina episodes will likely keep a more frequent and/or prolonged drought condition a persistent and fire potential amplifying condition for the Southern area for the next 15 years or so. This problem will be particularly significant, we believe, for the states of Oklahoma and Texas in our geographic area. As we have already seen, drought conditions comparable to those of the early to mid 1950s as well as at least the late 1800s in terms of "recent" time can be expected.(quote)

This is something I recieved today. Not good. 15 years?

These southwest droughts tend to move up into Iowa, Illinois and Indiana. Those areas are blessed with too much rain this year. Add Ohio and Missouri (also wet) and you have lots of acres planted wet which need generous rains to produce. Like, if July and August get real dry (it's happened before) we could be looking at outrageous corn prices. Figure in the acres the flood management folk have flooded, and we have some serious reduction of acres--most of them high yielding acres. It's always different.

Latest posts