Drug Test

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
I got this in an email today and was wondering what you folks thought?

Like a lot of folks in this country, I have a job.I work they pay me.
I pay my taxes and the goverment distributes my taxes as they see fit.
In order to get that paycheck I am required to pass a random urine test which I have no problem with.
WhatI do have a problem with is distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check,because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their a$$ and buy dope and booze with my hard earned money.
Could you imagine how much money the government woukd save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

rattler

Now there's a concept...

Buy oh my goodness... the costs of implementing such a plan to ensure it was being administered fairly and consistently to all and then the costs of someone wanting to challenge the result...

...sigh

...we are in a society that is surely trying to hold everyone accountable for their actions except themselves

WIC does not allow convicted drug offenders to receive assistance. The real result is children going hungry because their parents have problems.

Don't have an answer. Don't know what to do. I just don't like kids going hungry.

rattler":b8cbpdhj said:
Could you imagine how much money the government woukd save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

rattler

It would probably cost you even more. The health care for all involved would be a lot higher then it is now. You also have the increase in law enforcement, druggies are going to get what they need somehow. Then we'ld need more prisons which would lead to more publicly paid for childcare facilitys. Better to spay and neuter them all, including the kids.

dun":1nvpbk6a said:
rattler":1nvpbk6a said:

rattler

It would probably cost you even more. The health care for all involved would be a lot higher then it is now. You also have the increase in law enforcement, druggies are going to get what they need somehow. Then we'ld need more prisons which would lead to more publicly paid for childcare facilitys. Better to spay and neuter them all, including the kids.

I've often wondered why welfare recipients aren't required to get a birth control shot (deproprivera?) before they can get their check. Obviously if they can't/won't support themselves they can't afford any more kids either. I'm sure some bleeding heart would cry that it violates their "rights".

BHB I don't like the thought of kid's going hungry ether also bont like the thought of the eldery haveing to do without or the one's that are sick or hurt and can't work but the's younger one's that are strong as an ox and able to work are the one's im think of .I like dun's spay and neuter idea my self.

rattler

dun":1elq1lk3 said:
rattler":1elq1lk3 said:

rattler

Cut all of them, i'll sharpen the knife.

A Loser on dope stands a bigger chance of getting Disability than someone that really deserves/needs it.

Our system is in serious need of an overhaul.When drunks and druggies can get better care than a poor man working,and barely getting by something is drastically wrong.

Crowderfarms":2f1d9yen said:
Our system is in serious need of an overhaul.When drunks and druggies can get better care than a poor man working,and barely getting by something is drastically wrong.

:nod: :clap:

How do we fix it? Realistically.

Walt

Txwalt":pn8dvyki said:
Crowderfarms":pn8dvyki said:

Walt

I wish I had the answers. An Oak and a short Rope first come to mind.There should be a format for a "Case to Case" review.If you're too stupid do do drugs we're too stupid to help you.

If you drink so much, that should be your problem.Join AA, let your family get you some help. We got a Government to run and borders to secure.

Txwalt":1zpiwwlm said:
Crowderfarms":1zpiwwlm said:

Walt

I think we spend too much on prisons. Seems to me the sheriff in Texas has the right idea. I think I would fence off about 1000 acres and give the convicts a wood mizer, some mules and plows and a few head of cattle, goats and pigs. Let them earn their own keep. If they try to get out, shoot them. If they fill it up, make them stretch more fence.

As for the blue collar criminals, crooked politicians and the like let them be tried for treason if they are caught misusing tax dollars. This business of a politician getting millions in kick-backs and then getting pardoned is getting all too common.

If someone writes a book or gets a movie deal based on their crimes, this money should go to the victims of crimes.

A life sentence should mean life! Not 21 years with you only serving 7. Also, each sentence should be served individually not at the same time.

If you are filmed on video committing a crime, your right to a trial should be limited to sentencing only. There ain't no alledged when they got you on tape shooting the cashier!

For every law that is passed, two laws must be removed but this practice will cease when the number of laws equals 10.

milesvb":2ntyvp61 said:
dun":2ntyvp61 said:
rattler":2ntyvp61 said:

rattler

I've often wondered why welfare recipients aren't required to get a birth control shot (deproprivera?) before they can get their check. Obviously if they can't/won't support themselves they can't afford any more kids either. I'm sure some bleeding heart would cry that it violates their "rights".

I have often wondered that myself. It would violate their civil liberties. In other words, I could only afford to have two kids, even though I had more than enough love in my heart for more. They can have a housefull.

It is like rewarding irresponsibility.

I know some really hard working single moms that get assistance and try to do right by their kids. They follow all the rules and work full time. What happens? Well, in Texas, if that woman gets a raise to, say, anything above minimum, she gets her benefits cut. That is food and health insurance for her child. The child I am thinking of, had special needs, BTW.

This mom took a second job in the evenings at Taco Bell to
pay for his medical bills. Meanwhile, the other welfare mom I knew at the same day care had a husband working off books getting paid cash. They had a nicer car than I had, and they dressed their kids in designer clothing.

Yes, I turned her in.

Lammie, Some have a tribe of Chirrens to further their income.

Goes back to the old statement... "If you cant feed em', dont Breed em'"

I dont feel anyone should be looking to the Government to "keep them up".

But, There is one hitch worthy of mention...

What about the "working Poor"?

They hold jobs, at minimum wage at the least, are good hard working folks, raise their kids with the elements of honesty,pride and respect, and still struggle to keep a roof over their heads.

Should we help them?

Yes. That was kind of my point. There are people out there who need a hand up while they sort things out. There are folks out there with disabled kids that need assistance to get them the care and medication they need. In this state, you can't try to better yourself, though, because you will get cut off before you can get to where you are self-supporting. Then you are back at square one.

I work with a woman who is going through a divorce. She should have gotten a full time job this summer, as we have summers off, to support her kids, but chose to stay at the school. She expects that everyone will give her food and clothing. She just expects it. I don't think she's setting a very good example for her kids.

When I was a single mom, I never applied for that stuff. I work, two jobs sometimes, and my kids saw me get up every day with a smile and get to work on time because that was the way it had to be. We didn't have much and things were really tight at times. We didn't have extras like internet, cable or cell phones. We had a little old house that I had worked hard to buy and each other.

I think some folks want it all and they want someone else to pay for it. Everyone needs help sometimes, but I don't think it is right not to try to better yourself first.

Lammie":l1ycznzo said:
Yes. That was kind of my point. There are people out there who need a hand up while they sort things out. There are folks out there with disabled kids that need assistance to get them the care and medication they need. In this state, you can't try to better yourself, though, because you will get cut off before you can get to where you are self-supporting. Then you are back at square one.

I work with a woman who is going through a divorce. She should have gotten a full time job this summer, as we have summers off, to support her kids, but chose to stay at the school. She expects that everyone will give her food and clothing. She just expects it. I don't think she's setting a very good example for her kids.

When I was a single mom, I never applied for that stuff. I work, two jobs sometimes, and my kids saw me get up every day with a smile and get to work on time because that was the way it had to be. We didn't have much and things were really tight at times. We didn't have extras like internet, cable or cell phones. We had a little old house that I had worked hard to buy and each other.

I think some folks want it all and they want someone else to pay for it. Everyone needs help sometimes, but I don't think it is right not to try to better yourself first.

Lammie my hat is off to you you just dident expect for people to give your liveing to you.You got up and did something about it and smiled in frount of your kid's more than likely inside you dident feel lkie smileing but you did NOW that is what i call setting a good example that is what we need more of.

rattler

Latest posts