Dr's are possibly stupid

Help Support CattleToday:

S&WSigma40VEShooter

Reaction score
Been sick with congestion in the nose and chest, been put on a prednisone dose pack. Hasnt really helped at all. Going to fourth dr today. They think possible swine flu. How many dr does it take to figure out you got swine flu. These are dr's that are some of the best in the industry and some that country music singers frequent and you know they only go to the best yet they cant diagnose me as what is going on. Still have tightness in chest, drainage and congestion. SWINE FLU perhaps? I hope not.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":27qqlj7r said:
Been sick with congestion in the nose and chest, been put on a prednisone dose pack. Hasnt really helped at all. Going to fourth dr today. They think possible swine flu. How many dr does it take to figure out you got swine flu. These are dr's that are some of the best in the industry and some that country music singers frequent and you know they only go to the best yet they cant diagnose me as what is going on. Still have tightness in chest, drainage and congestion. SWINE FLU perhaps? I hope not.

After 4 doctors I'd probably just make a quick trip to the liquor store and mix my own "stuff". ;-)

TexasBred":2z0ex9vg said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":2z0ex9vg said:

After 4 doctors I'd probably just make a quick trip to the liquor store and mix my own "stuff". ;-)
I would have done that first.

TexasBred":3tz1sqhb said:

Definately!

And remember, with doctors, it's called "practicing medicine".

TexasBred":145y6o24 said:
alisonb":145y6o24 said:
user1":145y6o24 said:
Try the vet.....
FarmGirl10":145y6o24 said:
I would have to agree
Yea,would they have the right 'stuff' though? :lol:

They all keep the good medicine under the seat. :drink:

Heck,

They told me that I am on what they can give me and it is to late for tamiflu. This sucks. I always wait until im half dead to go to the dr and then wonder why they cant help me. I reckon its like people with calves that wait till the last second to call the vet and then get ticked cuz the calf died. Should have called em earlier. In the future I will.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the H1N1 virus is the only flu strain active as of right now. That would mean anyone with any flu like symptoms has about an 89% chance(possibly higher) of having H1N1.

I also heard that the test for H1N1 is about 85% inaccurate. Many doctors around here have stopped testing for it because the test is so inaccurate.

Also the flu is a virus and there is pretty much nothing a doctor can do to help with that besides gene therapy(which is out of the question as of now). Viruses don't respond to antibiotics and Tamiflu or Relenza are really just an "aid" that either work or don't, and like TB said time is critical on them.

Good luck, you will just have to let the virus run its course. Get plenty of sleep and fluids!!!

CPL":1u9dswtx said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the H1N1 virus is the only flu strain active as of right now. That would mean anyone with any flu like symptoms has about an 89% chance(possibly higher) of having H1N1.

I also heard that the test for H1N1 is about 85% inaccurate. Many doctors around here have stopped testing for it because the test is so inaccurate.

Also the flu is a virus and there is pretty much nothing a doctor can do to help with that besides gene therapy(which is out of the question as of now). Viruses don't respond to antibiotics and Tamiflu or Relenza are really just an "aid" that either work or don't, and like TB said time is critical on them.

Good luck, you will just have to let the virus run its course. Get plenty of sleep and fluids!!!

Im getting plenty of fluids. Sleep on the other hand has been not to good as the prednisone keeps me awake at night.

Not sure how the Dr would be able to tell if it was H1N1 or not without a test. Any strain of flu has no cure as it is a viral not bacterial, so antibiotics wont cut it, rest and plenty of fluids is all that can help. Even though you rile me sometimes I wish you better soon as feeling ill is horrid. I have a head cold at the moment, at least I'm hoping that is all it is, and am finding hard to breath, and keeping my sugars level. anyhow you take care....Chris.

Mucin-X to help you cough the crap up,helps you not get pnumonia--hot lemon zinger tea with honey(if you can have sugars)or splenda. Whatever you can keep down to eat,but chicken soup would be best. Water,at least a quart per day,on top of the soup/tea/whatever.
I agree with Chrisy,you irritate me,but I don't want anybody sick--get well soon,irritate me some more :lol2:

Oh yeah-forgot the jalapinos!! Hot and sour soup worls really well also. Anything to get the crud to run!! Don't forget the Mucin-X and LOTS of fluids.

ga. prime":u61z1k83 said:
You got a cold- use some Vicks nasal spray and eat a bunch of hot peppers.

Actually,

I went to the allergist, they tested me and it was swine flu. Which it was more than likely in its latter stages because they said I had had it long enough to where tamiflu wouldnt work. They kept me on the prednisone and put me on mucinex dm twice per day. I am to drink a half gallon of water per day until this is over with (I sure have been in the bathroom alot). They also want me to use my Pro Air asthma inhaler every two-three hours until this goes away. They also have me on two puffs instead of one of my Asmanex twisthaler. They also told me not to get my allergy shot this week. I do feel somewhat better but still not 100% but a big improvement over sunday or monday.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":1ot3o0pm said:

Been watching this thread and chuckling - remember - every medical class has a top of the class finisher and a bottom of the class finisher.

You want your doc to be the one who was last in his class?

Ever ask him where he finished?

Then ask him to prove it.

You might be surprized.

Just because the person is a doctor does not mean they are a. Any good or b. Even smart - let alone intelligent

They get far too much respect in my eyes and often do not return it - ask the hard questions and you might be surprized at who it is that you have actually trusted with your health.

My favourite was something I watched / heard when I was only about 20 years old - never forgot it.

I drove her and Mom to town - Mom to shop and Annie to the community doc office in a little town after her husband died - for her check up. I sat in the waiting room as I was under strict orders from Mom to NOT leave her alone after she was done - but you could hear her voice from one end of the building to the other - harder she got of hearing, the louder she talked.

Doc comes in - "Hello Annie I am Doctor Smith"

Annie - About 90 years old and sharp as a tack asks the Doc - "What is your first name young man?

Doc - "Bill, why?"

Annie - "Well Bill - you will call me Mrs. Wilson - I expect the same respect from you that you expect from me"

I never forgot it - and I could tell he was PO'd - but he did call her Mrs. Wilson. Every time he did not - she callled him "Bill" - he was real careful to call her Mrs. Wilson and did until she died about 7 years later.

You watch the next time you go to the doc office - you are on a different plain and they let you know it. And best of all - most of us accept it like sheep.

Bez+

Latest posts