Drove in a sink hole

Help Support CattleToday:

That's exactly what mine looked like cept upside down with glazed eyes
I had a 5 month old steer get stuck in a bush, then somehow a 6" pine snag fell on him, it was cooking hot out and he was in that bush for most of a day, Momma was mooing in all the wrong places, leading me on a wild goose chase... he was in really rough shape, got him out, got him hydrated, gave him antibiotics as a precaution, I tubed him for 2 weeks, he lost ALL notion of nursing, eating, or drinking.. ended up being coyote food
Didn't have my camera when I found him, kinda drew in his position here, can see the pine snag i propped back up.. HOW, JUST HOW????
Calf position.JPG

the eye that was on the ground was badly swollen.. When I got him out of the bush my bull stood watch over him.. Usually a docile bull but I had to be careful and convince dad I was helping
20180820_191733.jpg

I had a 5 month old steer get stuck in a bush, then somehow a 6" pine snag fell on him, it was cooking hot out and he was in that bush for most of a day, Momma was mooing in all the wrong places, leading me on a wild goose chase... he was in really rough shape, got him out, got him hydrated, gave him antibiotics as a precaution, I tubed him for 2 weeks, he lost ALL notion of nursing, eating, or drinking.. ended up being coyote food
Didn't have my camera when I found him, kinda drew in his position here, can see the pine snag i propped back up.. HOW, JUST HOW????
View attachment 9112

the eye that was on the ground was badly swollen.. When I got him out of the bush my bull stood watch over him.. Usually a docile bull but I had to be careful and convince dad I was helping
View attachment 9113
That sucks. You down under?

I actually recently sold it, my experience was much different. We had trouble with it even when new and had a lot of warranty work done which still didn't completely fix everything. It was good and a workhorse as long as it was running, just had to keep pouring fluid and lubricants of all kinds in it. Got to where it was down a lot, and since I'm not able to do mechanic work, it was too costly and too much down time waiting. The folks that bought it have a mechanic working out of their shop.
We still have a little 3000 that's pluggin along. I had to use it all last year to feed hay.

Love those 7710 models. Hold on to that thing.
I was going to say the same thing. If the AC works good they were about bullet proof the ones around here. I noticed done sold as that one had problems. If in good shape at auction bids would be all over it.

Wow! That'd be a bad deal, and scary!

I pack them full of net wrap. And keep packing it in there, as it settles.
Had a few bigger ones that I mostly filled in with logs/limbs, etc. just to keep cows from falling in.