Drove in a sink hole

Help Support CattleToday:

I feel for you. We had one come up ( actually sink down) about 3 years ago, and ir wasn't quite as big but deep and dropped the back wheel of the Allis 200 and had to get another tractor to pull it up out and almost didn't get it... thought we were going to have to go get the tractor with the front end loader to lift it.... buried the back tire as deep or deeper than yours... bigger tire too...
I hate them too... and we get a new one most every year in one or the other pastures...

I feel for you. We had one come up ( actually sink down) about 3 years ago, and ir wasn't quite as big but deep and dropped the back wheel of the Allis 200 and had to get another tractor to pull it up out and almost didn't get it... thought we were going to have to go get the tractor with the front end loader to lift it.... buried the back tire as deep or deeper than yours... bigger tire too...
I hate them too... and we get a new one most every year in one or the other pastures...
They wake you up when you find one.

Thats crazy!!! I would think I DIE!!! We have plenty in the area. This world's going crazy.

Been there, a few times. The worst was 3 years ago, I was mowing pastures with my 7710 and 15 ft' batwing. Rear wheel got caught like that one. It just worked out though that a neighbor that runs a bulldozer, had his fairly close and in between jobs so he came and pulled it out. The location of it was down at the bottom of a hill and had the batwing not been hooked it it would have likely turned over getting it out. When it happened it didn't shake me up much until I saw it after getting off the tractor. Getting back on and guiding it while the bulldozer pulled me out was pretty nerve wracking.
We have a lot of sinkholes here, and we are finding new ones the hard way like that more often than I want to think. Even have had one drop out in the front yard about 6-7 diameter, and probably a good 5 ft deep. We have a lot of limestone and underground springs around.

Lots of sinkholes in this part of
Ky due to all the caves I guess. There are a few on my place. With the week I am having maybe a new one will open up and I can go get in it with the hope of it caving in on me.

Latest posts