Drought and Depression

Help Support CattleToday:

Brahma Bull

Reaction score
One is bad enough but both at the same time is really rough.Nothing we can do about either one right now except pray.But it really burns me and chaps my hide seeing on the NEWS how the bail out money being spent.Top executives,CEO,Managers getting million in a bonus,while the companies are sinking like a ship in rough seas.Pretty sure they knew all along this was coming.Take the money and run.Ain't that the way it always is.The poor are just plain poor,nothing much they can do.The wealthy get away with murder and living a life of luxury.The average working middle class like myself have to slave like a time of mules plowing a field on a hot summer day.What we have to show for it except blood,sweat and tears.
Now they saying the Feds will spend more than 3 trillion in aide to states over the next 10 years and some saying it ain't enough.So any guess at all when any of us will see greener pastures?Pretty depressing to even watch the NEWS and Weather now days.

I just read the front page of our weekly wipe that our county just paid off our huge debt that we incurred due to jumping on every federal grant that DC spit out. The officials saluted themselves as they burned the note. I never realized that borrowing money to pay off a note was actually the same as paying the note off. I don't think they get it. I feel your frustration. If my voice can't be heard locally, and these yahoos continue to think the borrowing their way out of debt is good business, then I don't see how anything is going to get fixed. With tax time on us, it just really makes me wonder if paying taxes is the right thing to do. Afterall, you wouldn't give a junky drugs would you?

The input cost are getting so high and wholesale prices are in a down cycle and it looks like we are in for inflation to take off again like the late seventies. I am seriously considering selling every cow on the place along with hay equipment. Buy stockers in March and run them till Oct. and haul them back to the salebarn.
No more fooling with cows in cold rainy weather, no bailing hay in the Devils oven. Run them on grass onl for six or seven months, fish and hunt the others.

Caustic Burno":3qmrtfgk said:
The input cost are getting so high and wholesale prices are in a down cycle and it looks like we are in for inflation to take off again like the late seventies. I am seriously considering selling every cow on the place along with hay equipment. Buy stockers in March and run them till Oct. and haul them back to the salebarn.
No more fooling with cows in cold rainy weather, no bailing hay in the Devils oven. Run them on grass onl for six or seven months, fish and hunt the others.

Come on, Caustic. Surely you haven't already spent those huge royalty checks you've been collecting for the last several years? :eek:

Frankie":2x1ozr3w said:
Caustic Burno":2x1ozr3w said:

Come on, Caustic. Surely you haven't already spent those huge royalty checks you've been collecting for the last several years? :eek:

How else could he only work 6 months out of the year? ;-)

Latest posts