Drones

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Our son got one and I have to have one now. So easy to fly, pictures and videos are cinema quality.. Anyone else have one or have one on their wish list?

2 of my son in laws fly the acrobatic drones.. I thought that all drones flew this way and there was no way i'd ever even attempt.. Had no idea there were other kinds.

I do.... but my wish list is a mile and a half long so I doubt Ill ever get it. A guy a work flies one and takes pictures of our locations and stuff. Its pretty amazing.

It would be neat to have one while Im hunting in the evening and fly it around the ranch looking at what is at the other feeders. Maybe get some good pics.

There are guys that fly them at the coast looking for schooling reds and stuff. Its pretty cool.

Brute 23":3mmow9rb said:
I do.... but my wish list is a mile and a half long so I doubt Ill ever get it. A guy a work flies one and takes pictures of our locations and stuff. Its pretty amazing.

It would be neat to have one while Im hunting in the evening and fly it around the ranch looking at what is at the other feeders. Maybe get some good pics.

There are guys that fly them at the coast looking for schooling reds and stuff. Its pretty cool.

That's cheating might as well legalize gill nets again

Caustic Burno":3j25e0z7 said:
Brute 23":3j25e0z7 said:

That's cheating might as well legalize gill nets again

They do it already with the pilots flying out of Corpus. :) Whats the difference between flying in a plane or running 70mph in a boat.

Son of Butch":1ej915gq said:
Saw in the news 46 drones have been caught or retrieved flying estimated over $1 million in contraband into prisons.
An up and coming business.

Ya they put those actuated arms on them to hold stuff and then they drop it. The surf fishing guys are flying their bait out, looking at the sand bars, then dropping their bait where they want it.

We debated getting one when we are wade fishing. They just don't have much of a battery life. You can set them to hover right over you and film the whole time so you get all the strikes, hook sets, catches... or misses... plus all the shenanagans. . :) The offshore guys are doing it when they catch these big fish. My cousins in the keys drop go pros also in the water and get some one to film out of the tower.

All that stuff is amazing to me. I love hunting and catching fish... but having pics and video of it all really enhances that experience. To be 80 years old and be able to put in a video of us wade fishing now would be awesome. :nod:

Son of Butch":30pyvsnr said:
Saw in the news 46 drones have been caught or retrieved flying estimated over $1 million in contraband into prisons.
An up and coming business.
Someone will ruin it for everyone else....

i'd like to get one that you can view as your flying. they have some with glasses you can wear.

My SILs have the goggles when they fly theirs. I tried wearing one while watching them fly. Problem with watching theirs is they fly like 50mph and do flips and stuff. I couldn't take it more than a few seconds and I was carsick. Both are really good at flying them that fast. They go through things, around things....it mind boggling... I had never seen the bigger drones not made for acrobatics.... until then I thought they all had to be flown fast..

Our son is getting some really fun video while learning to fly his drone. Turns out, our cows just ignore it, but his father in laws run from it. He hovered over a hay bale full of heifers....a few looked at it about 6 ft over their heads, most didn't even bother to look....This is the socalled flighty herd...
I was floored when I was watching it on my computer, I said to him that all he needs to do it put it to music...He was looking at his phone and didn't respond....a few min later he came over and put his phone in front of me. I could hear music..but when I saw what he was playing I was floored again. His drone came with a program that sets it to music...but, not only did it have music, but it rearranged the videos and made it look like something you'd see on a geographic channel. He videoed the loggers, it had fly overs, close ups, far away.. Looked like nothing the original looks. Again, I was floored. And if you haven't seen logging equipment work from above, you need to. So so interesting....

dieselbeef":3i53yiwh said:
they fly 12 miles away and gps will bring them back to your feet....
The one my son got will go 4 miles.. and yes, push home button or if it gets out of range or low on battery power, it turns around and comes back.
Daughter gave us a good idea. We love surf fishing. I hate having to walk all the way out to cast and we love fishing in the winter....People use these drones to take out your line. How great is that. SHe said there are lots of youtubes on it. When I have time i'll go take a look. Last time we went surf fishing, my poor husband walked out there. He got really cold. That was sometime in Nov....didn't catch anything either. I can see how they'd be good in the marsh too.. I bet you can see the fish from a drone really good......

At lunch we did view some youtubes of drone fishing....OMG...yes I said OMG... cant wait. Although there was one video where the drone crashed.. that would hurt

My sister lives in the city and says they are all over the place. She's had them follow her on her bike, fly over her backyard.. My son flew his from my inlaws place over me while I was in my garden. I knew it was him, but it would be really freaky if I didn't know who it was.....

Latest posts