Driving High

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
With all the states legalizing drugs, how will this affect driving laws and companies who have drug laws for workers. It is hard enough to keep the drunks off the roads, now we will have people high on dope on the roads and high on the job . Sure looks like this Country is down hill. :help:

Wow, I didn't know states were legalizing drugs. I would think any amount of drug would be too much to drive.

Alcohol is legal but operating a vehicle under the influence isn't. I would think pot would be the same.

fitz

My company has a zero tolerance policy regarding pot. On the other hand i have worked there for 25 years and never seen anyone asked to pee in a cup.

Don't test...........don't know :lol2:

cowboy43":3f7qn6kw said:
With all the states legalizing drugs, how will this affect driving laws and companies who have drug laws for workers. It is hard enough to keep the drunks off the roads, now we will have people high on dope on the roads and high on the job . Sure looks like this Country is down hill. :help:

Hmmm.....

School bus drivers

Airline pilots

Doctors

Nurses

And the beat goes on

Might be an interesting time ahead

Bez

snake67":2qa5gxbt said:
cowboy43":2qa5gxbt said:

Hmmm.....

School bus drivers

Airline pilots

Doctors

Nurses

And the beat goes on

Bez

What has changed Snake. The ones who were gonna do it before are gonna do it now. It didn't get legal to be high and fly a plane, it just got legal to buy.

3waycross":347x8fg3 said:
snake67":347x8fg3 said:
cowboy43":347x8fg3 said:

Hmmm.....

School bus drivers

Airline pilots

Doctors

Nurses

And the beat goes on

Bez

What has changed Snake. The ones who were gonna do it before are gonna do it now. It didn't get legal to be high and fly a plane, it just got legal to buy.

I wonder if you have more faith in humanity than I do?

Legal to buy - to me - means more abuse.

Bez

3waycross":2n1eqbxb said:
My company has a zero tolerance policy regarding pot. On the other hand i have worked there for 25 years and never seen anyone asked to pee in a cup.

The company I retired from random tested through the year and everyone yearly.
You had to supply a hair sample and pee in a cup. If you came up hot you had the choice of drug rehab or fired.
Test hot after rehab automatic firing.

Caustic Burno":3setmdlg said:
3waycross":3setmdlg said:

The company I retired from random tested through the year and everyone yearly.
You had to supply a hair sample and pee in a cup. If you came up hot you had the choice of drug rehab or fired.
Test hot after rehab automatic firing.

Caustic i work for a fortune 100 company and I guarantee you that the last thing they want to do is pi$$ test their sales force. The would have to fire at least 25% of them the first day. We are told to not do it and not treated like criminals until we prove that we are. Then if you have a dui or a dwai you get fired. period

Great big difference in a sales force an a refinery force.
Screw up in a refinery can endanger your co-workers along with the whole community.
No one forces you to take a drug test you are free to quit anytime.
If the company pays good enough it is not hard at all to find a majority of qualified drug free employees.

Caustic Burno":1lkdyb58 said:
Great big difference in a sales force an a refinery force.
Screw up in a refinery can endanger your co-workers along with the whole community.
No one forces you to take a drug test you are free to quit anytime.
If the company pays good enough it is not hard at all to find a majority of qualified drug free employees.

Believe me it's a totally different ballgame. Now if you are a driver with us it's a different story. They do get tested a lot!

i cant do anything under the influence of just marijuana... it puts me to sleep lol... my old drug buddies would get the munchies from it... so there is a couple of tips... if someone you work with is really sleepy... or extremely hungry... they may be smoking some jane ;) * back in the 90's i dated a former POW who smoked pot to ease the pain in his hands from where he was tortured.. he offered me a hit. i told him no cause i didnt want to sleep the day away...he had some decent stuff,but not columbian gold grade... he didn't believe me.. so i took one hit.. 6 hrs later i woke up... he never offered again lol

For county goverment, they test everyone who might drive a county vehicle. So, if you are a shovelman, you don't get tested. But, if you might drive a snowplow in times of need, you are tested.
I don't think there is any "settled law" about how to determine if you are "driving high". I'm told that the THC is stored in your fat, and while you might test + for THC, it could have been 20 days ago that you smoked or were in a room where somebody smoked. The legal profession is going to be busy with this for many years. It clearly is in all of our best interest to keep "stoned drivers" off the highways. But how?

john250":3m1mcwe0 said:
For county goverment, they test everyone who might drive a county vehicle. So, if you are a shovelman, you don't get tested. But, if you might drive a snowplow in times of need, you are tested.
I don't think there is any "settled law" about how to determine if you are "driving high". I'm told that the THC is stored in your fat, and while you might test + for THC, it could have been 20 days ago that you smoked or were in a room where somebody smoked. The legal profession is going to be busy with this for many years. It clearly is in all of our best interest to keep "stoned drivers" off the highways. But how?

Colorado has established a benchmark. All I can tell u is it's measured in nonograms in the blood.