Driveway Gates

Help Support CattleToday:

Agreed. But knowing they're on camera the whole time they're trying to defeat the automated gate, etc. should be somewhat of a deterrent.
Adding a camera helps. It's like putting a 6 wire fence instead of 4 or 5. Check with an attorney but my understanding is you cant convict off of video footage. At best, if they show their face or a vehicle, it helps the police in the right direction, if they will pursue it.

It is nice to see people are closing your gates so cattle or deer or what ever else isn't getting out.

Not trying to deter people from using them. We have them. Got another going in a couple weeks from now. I just to paint a realistic picture of them.

The auto gate guys are jumping on all these bailouts around here and selling them like hotcakes. They are making lots of wives feel safer. 😄

American armour is the most dependable swing gate opener out there. Company is founded by the same guys who started Apollo. When they sold Apollo it went to Chinese junk. Use 110 if you like, but we do far less warranty repairs on solar.
They both use 12 volt deep cycle batterys . And the solar panels tend to be more reliable than 110 battery chargers.

Avoid exit loops use a exit keypad if you need guest exit.
If you are use to using and installing Apallo is it much of a learning curve to go to American Armour?

If your buying an auto gate for security your going to be disappointed. It does about the same job barbed wire does keeping cattle in/ out. It does a good job keeping the good/honest ones where they are supposed to be... the others you have to get rid of.
Certainly anything can be defeated.
But I kinda disagree... I'll let you go first. Please enlighten me ..

I'm more interested in your experience installing the two than ideology on security.

You realize this is an open forum not a debate? They dont hand out prizes at the end of the thread.😄
American armour is for all purposes identical to Apollo. The parts even interchange. Just American armour had much better electronics. There is a difference in the adjustment of the actuator. But it's pretty simple. Give me a call if you need help.
So I answered you. That's how conversation works.

As far as security goes every thing can be defeated. But a closed gate is certainly more effective than a open gate. Especially a gate that is always closed. Leaving a gate open when you're home and closed when you leave let's folks know when you're home or not. Uncertainty is very effective security. This is a open forum and my opinion of your use of the word "disappointed."..is a poor choice.

Some people are slow learners......

Quite a few locals walk our main drive and the old dirt road down through the hayfield out front, no big deal at all. But the wife was fussing that some lady was walking up the hill to our house yesterday when she was leaving for work, and she didn't recognize the woman. If it was someone we knew, or she had asked first - ok, but in her defense Sky said it didn't appear the woman's elevator made a complete trip to the top. Fast forward to 630 this morning, I tossed my stuff in the truck and started it from the pass side as usual and stood behind it taking a leak before hopping in to go to work. I'm standing there watering the yard, minding my own business and look up to see the woman make an abrupt u-turn about 75 feet away. I waved to the woman as I drove past on the way out the drive, but she didn't return the favor and looked like she was doing her best to high-tail it out of there. Hopefully, problem has been solved..... :ROFLMAO:
The size of it scared her off, happens to me all the time!😂

Just flattered they were looking and impressed they could see it from that far away.😎

American armour is for all purposes identical to Apollo. The parts even interchange. Just American armour had much better electronics. There is a difference in the adjustment of the actuator. But it's pretty simple. Give me a call if you need help.
So I answered you. That's how conversation works.

As far as security goes every thing can be defeated. But a closed gate is certainly more effective than a open gate. Especially a gate that is always closed. Leaving a gate open when you're home and closed when you leave let's folks know when you're home or not. Uncertainty is very effective security. This is a open forum and my opinion of your use of the word "disappointed."..is a poor choice.
Thanks. I agree about patterns. Lights, gates, trash cans, etc. That keeps the meth heads or who ever from driving in and hooking to your welding machine and driving off.

I run in to weekenders, even some of my own family, who think their personal safety is better because of a closed gate. I have people right now wanting an auto gate with a camera that sends a text to their phone because they think illegals are going to drive thru their gate, up the gravel road to their house, to murder them in their sleep. 🤦‍♂️

Wait ya'll mean to tell me they make fancy automatic gate openers... like that isn't the wife's job? 🤔🤨 And they even come with remotes?! Oh hell to the naw let me go find my o' man!

I just post beware of dog signs every so many feet and no trespassing. Funny part is we don't own a dog. 😆🤡 The signs really scare people away doe. 😆🤣👏🏾🤫🤐

Wait ya'll mean to tell me they make fancy automatic gate openers... like that isn't the wife's job? 🤔🤨 And they even come with remotes?! Oh hell to the naw let me go find my o' man!

I just post beware of dog signs every so many feet and no trespassing. Funny part is we don't own a dog. 😆🤡 The signs really scare people away doe. 😆🤣👏🏾🤫🤐
I need a Beware Brahmans sign LoL They womt know the cows just want cubes when they start chasing them.

I have an Angus bull that is like a kid when you pen him up and give him feed. He will come running to you bucking and stuff and hit the brakes right beside you. It will scare the poop out if you. I use him to mess with buddies and stuff. Hes like a 5yr old so hes a big dude.🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts