Drench type dewormers

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
Anybody using drench type dewormers (Valbazen, Synanthic, Safe Guard) do you think they work better or about the same as the name brand pour ons?

We use a drench in the spring and either an injectable or pour on in the fall.

i use valbazen some and have also started giving injectable ivomec orally (just the regular). according to my vets, given as an injectable, it stays in the body longer but isnt as "strong". whereas given orally it is more potent and fast-acting, but consequently leaves the body sooner too. however, when given orally to animals wiht heavy parasite loads, the massive die off of worms can cause internal bleeding..

edit: to answer the question i think they work better than pour-ons. pour-on is great in the warm months to keep flies off tho.

Beefy":3ay3cmx4 said:
i use valbazen some and have also started giving injectable ivomec orally (just the regular). according to my vets, given as an injectable, it stays in the body longer but isnt as "strong". whereas given orally it is more potent and fast-acting, but consequently leaves the body sooner too. however, when given orally to animals wiht heavy parasite loads, the massive die off of worms can cause internal bleeding..

edit: to answer the question i think they work better than pour-ons. pour-on is great in the warm months to keep flies off tho.
What dosage rate do you use when giving the injectable orally?

i use the same dosage on the bottle for cows (so far). 1cc / 100lbs
however, i have used 4ccs/60lbs goats and needed that much to get the worms under control.

Latest posts