drag and mow or mow and drag

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
time to do one or the other. still got dead tops and a bit of grass comin up. needs dragged. also use a chopper at the same time....should i mow it and grind in the clippings or just chop it and drag it.. but which way would be the way.....mow first or last...i guess its the same work either way.

kinda what i was hopin for cuz it still got alot of tops on from the freeze theyre all browned over.

i hate to cut em off cuz then it leaves the fresh grass tops exposed to the drought even more.

i really gotta drag it either way so i guess i need to just drag it and chop it all at once. if i use the truck i can do it at nite too..hmmm

im in entral fl but we got less than a 1/2 in in the last yr or so id guess..the grass is more like dust actually. crunchy and blows away when ya drive on it

I have a 6 foot 3pth bushhog that I have pulled a 6 foot chain harrow behind. Not much good in corners but out in the open it seems to do a good job of both cutting and harrowing. And you're doing both with one pass across the pasture. If a lot of material get under the harrow, just lift the bushhog and the material goes on through.

Latest posts