Dr. Seuss

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't get the outrage. It is their book and they choose not to sell it. All the people that are up in arms are wanting to tell them what they should sell and what they shouldn't.
They just didn't decide to not sell them, the were pressured to not sell. The woke culture seems to be in control

I looked a few up to see if I could jog my memory. I read all of those w Dr
They just didn't decide to not sell them, the were pressured to not sell. The woke culture seems to be in control
Actually ,after 6 or 7 decades of printing them, with great sales..they have decided over night not to sell them any longer..

Please provide your proof of this.

There are lots more but I'm tired of doing your homework for you.

I believe Tuxedo did

Please provide the source ,of where you got your source ..so I can source it..

Opinion columns? D- on the homework.

Nobody forced the rights holders to stop printing the book. They did it because they felt it was the right thing to do, and now the conservative outrage machine is reinforcing their decision by giving them all kinds of media attention that will drive book sales.

No one forced the University of Texas band to abandon their school song but they did anyway.

Finding racism in places where it doesn't exist will make it hard to hear that wee small lad when he cries "wolf" for real.

Notice I didn't say "little boy" for fear of offending the more sensitive among you.

I have to ask, TT, what are you afraid of? If a book or song or anything else is offensive to someone, what's the harm in dropping it? This board doesn't allow profanity. Is that cancel culture? Should we stop catering to the snowflakes who can't take a few f-bombs? Where does it stop? Of course, I'm happy to refrain from swearing if it makes other people more comfortable here. We should extend that reasoning to other areas of society as well.

Same people offended by the books are the ones offended by history. The act as the mask police and are for their rights not yours.
I think what needs to be done is we quit funding public universities with conservative dollars. Let's see how long these culture warriors last.
We should put a statue of General Sherman on every street corner in Atlanta. Anyone who objects is just a wimp who is offended by history. ;)

We should put a statue of General Sherman on every street corner in Atlanta. Anyone who objects is just a wimp who is offended by history. ;)
But if WE vandalize the statues and tear them down it's not okay is it?

Good idea..Actually General Sherman needs too make another run through Atlanta..

Good idea..Actually General Sherman needs too make another run through Atlanta..
I agree with that 100%.
Irony is earlier today was talking with the State Representative about a bill defunding public universities that don't teach neutral curriculum.
The students should decide their political leanings not a political agenda by leftist.

I have to ask, TT, what are you afraid of? If a book or song or anything else is offensive to someone, what's the harm in dropping it? This board doesn't allow profanity. Is that cancel culture? Should we stop catering to the snowflakes who can't take a few f-bombs? Where does it stop? Of course, I'm happy to refrain from swearing if it makes other people more comfortable here. We should extend that reasoning to other areas of society as well.
As I said on another thread earlier, classical liberalism is being sacrificed during this insane cancel culture movement. If that doesn't bother you I don't know what will.

I see a bunch of opinions but not a single fact.

Here is a link to the official statement.
https://www.seussville.com/statement-from-dr-seuss-enterprises/

Last edited:
You have the right to use profanity all you want somewhere else.
No one is infringing on your right to leave in fact I encourage you to seek your happy place.
The board will continue to operate the way is was when you joined. No one forced you to join you did so voluntarily.

Latest posts