down pressure kits

Help Support CattleToday:

icandoit

Reaction score
I'm looking for a down pressure kit for a PHD I'm about to buy. Anybody know where I can get one? By the way, It's a lienbach heavy duty PHD from Northern Tools. Thanks for any info.

Dick

I've never heard of a add-on for down pressure. Some post hole diggers are designed to have down pressure. Are you thinking something like a hyd. cly. to replace the top link?

I dont know where to get ont but about 15 years ago I had a pole barn built and the builder had a 60-70 hp tractor with a post hole digger on back , the tractor had a rollbar and betwween the top of the rollbar and the digger was a hyd cylinder. I think it was homemade but it really worked. We had some tough digging and he could lift the back wheels of the tractor off the ground so all that wieght went on the digger

Thanks guys for the replys, especially the old coot in Texas.

Dick

OH! ok I dunno why I could not figure that one out. Boy i'm just dummuer than a bag of hammers sometimes. Must be the cold weather getting brain freeze or something.
bif

Most tractor driven PHD's don't use a "Top Link". The main beam goes from the gearbox to the tractor.

Latest posts