DOVE SEASON

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
****************************************************************************************************************************

Hardly anyone dove hunts here but then we don't have many birds either. I was in TX in 2006 when dove season came in. It was like a national holiday. Good luck

I think the MN season opens the 15th. gonna be a ton of doves in the millet. :cowboy:

About the only place around here to shoot doves is where they've been baiting them in with sunflower seeds for the last 12 months.

Dove fields are looking good --

Strips of Millet/ Sunflower and Sesame all ready to go ===== $50/person --sorry sold out until 2011.
Ed

I don't have too many around me this year, but then again I don't have a cornfield that I harvest 3 days before and let just a little spill every few feet like some I know either.

Looking good in Central Texas. I think the harvest must be over and the fields, power lines and everything else are covered in them....mourning doves, white wings and ring necks....Season opens the 1st of Sept. I believe.

kenny thomas":1q25a1aw said:
Hardly anyone dove hunts here but then we don't have many birds either. I was in TX in 2006 when dove season came in. It was like a national holiday. Good luck

:lol: Ya, if you plan any thing other that hunting on the opening day of deer season or dove season you are going to be lonely. Expect alot of people "catching some thing.. cough.. cough" on Friday.

Like about 10yrs ago on my dads side of the family they moved the Family Reunion to the Sunday of the opening of dove season... haven't been to one since. :wave:

Latest posts