door handle 95 chev

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
I have to change the inner door handle on my 1995 truck --anybody know how to take the inner pannel off without busting some thing; I'm pretty good at going ahead and without knowing what I'm doing and end up doing more damage

thax
carl

A couple of screws and the retaining pins that pop and sometimes break. I have just taken the bezel off around the handle ( which has to come off anyway) and drill out the pop rivet and wiggle it out and the new one back in without takeing the panel off.

If you do take the panel off you will think you broke something when those pins pop out. JHH

What is this some kind of virus?? The handles on both the ford and the shi__y have broken in the last couple of weeks. I did the fords about 5-6 years ago. Guess what?? You don't just replace the handle. You replace the whole assembly. Take 2 $100 bills when you go to get one. Got the Shi__y out of the shop last week and the handle broke Monday.Z

MillIronQH":3s0aykn9 said:
What is this some kind of virus?? The handles on both the ford and the shi__y have broken in the last couple of weeks. I did the fords about 5-6 years ago. Guess what?? You don't just replace the handle. You replace the whole assembly. Take 2 $100 bills when you go to get one. Got the Shi__y out of the shop last week and the handle broke Monday.Z

I'm on my 3rd handle on a '94 ford and looking for the 4th. What's wrong with those things?

john250":27swl1sc said:
MillIronQH":27swl1sc said:

I'm on my 3rd handle on a '94 ford and looking for the 4th. What's wrong with those things?

Plastic! That's what's wrong. I broke both the window crank and the door handle on my old '91 Ford ranch truck.

Earl Thigpen":1xkgq0hs said:
john250":1xkgq0hs said:
MillIronQH":1xkgq0hs said:

Plastic! That's what's wrong. I broke both the window crank and the door handle on my old '91 Ford ranch truck.
well I know onthe 95 chevs its the bushings in the pins on he hinges that wear out --If you chage the handles 'you have to change the pins as well

carl

Latest posts