Don't you need a good reason?

Help Support CattleToday:

If she's accusing him of running around, she's the one doing the running around. Been there, done that and didn't even get a t shirt. The one who is cheating always accuses the other one of seeing some one else. The other someone in her life will appear soon enough. He needs a good lawyer. No, this won't be a friendly divorce, heard of them, but sure as heck never have seen one.

When one decides the grass is greener on the other side of the fence it really doesn't matter if the other one can walk on water or not. Like any fence jumper, you ain't going to get it to stay in the pasture if it don't want to. I had a heifer once that jumped the fence. I got my sweet revenge when the fella she was chasing wouldn't divorce his wife nor would he give up his other girlfriend. I would say this was PRICELESS but the whole thing cost me to much to honestly say this. BTW - her reason she told her best friend was because I didn't wear a tie.(her boyfriend did)

Jogeephus":u48pehxx said:
When one decides the grass is greener on the other side of the fence it really doesn't matter if the other one can walk on water or not. Like any fence jumper, you ain't going to get it to stay in the pasture if it don't want to. I had a heifer once that jumped the fence. I got my sweet revenge when the fella she was chasing wouldn't divorce his wife nor would he give up his other girlfriend. I would say this was PRICELESS but the whole thing cost me to much to honestly say this. BTW - her reason she told her best friend was because I didn't wear a tie.(her boyfriend did)

Tie? Is that required to get a lady :?: :?: :?:

Not worn one in almost 24 years, oh that was wedding day maybe it is required. :lol: :lol:

As I sit here listening to Christmas carols and after a long days work getting the house ready for all my guests in two days ( Mr. HD saw me whirling around the house and he new everything that I had to do outside as well when I woke at 5 am this morn..he said "you really should get yourself a housekeeper as I am useless as you know when it comes to cleaning house" all I could do was give him a big kiss and hug and smile like I still am now..,,this thread and the other alike make me think ....

Those of us that have married or committed to our true soul mates and best friends are truly the luckiest people in the world and we should cherish every moment we have with them.. :heart:

HD that is why I tell the wife everyday and several times a day "How Lucky She is to have me" :lol: :lol:

On a serious note I think a divorce is one of the worst things you can go thru
(the only thing worse that I know of is the loss of a child)
but it can also make you appreciate a good relationship and strive each day to make that relationship better for yourself and the one you love

I cherish my wife everyday even when we are working cows and I holler at her
I don't know what I would do without her
AC

Angus Cowman":1pskusfw said:
HD that is why I tell the wife everyday and several times a day "How Lucky She is to have me" :lol: :lol:

On a serious note I think a divorce is one of the worst things you can go thru
(the only thing worse that I know of is the loss of a child)
but it can also make you appreciate a good relationship and strive each day to make that relationship better for yourself and the one you love

I cherish my wife everyday even when we are working cows and I holler at her
I don't know what I would do without her
AC

I think you hit it on the nail head, AC. It really does take two to tango. Just because the guy in this case was blind-sided means nothing. When a job or the kids or whatever start taking priority over the spouse then erosion moves in quickly. Always appreciate the relationship or kiss it goodbye.

So true both of you , the couples that go into a marriage and think it will be ease free and blissful all the time might as well not do it. A really good relationship takes work and effort, and more give on both parts than take ,especially if there are children involved..

Well, off for the night to spend time with Mr. HD now that he is home for a few days..Good night all and may you all have joyful and peaceful dreams as Christmas approaches.. :tiphat:

Don't know how good I am at giving advice, but will give it a shot!
Sometimes people change and drift apart...it happens. Life is too short to live in a miserable situation.
Divorce isn't the end of the world although it can feel that way. Try to get it done with the least amount of pain and try to be fair to the other person.
Kids are pretty good at adjusting to a new situation? Don't diss your ex to them. Realize that no matter what she is still their mother and they can love her as much as they love you.
Take care of yourself. Get some help from family and friends or even a professional. Don't hit the bottle or go out chasing the girls...you don't need either! There are divorce support groups out there, where you can talk to others who are in the same situation that you are. That can be a very helpful experience.
Realize you are a person who is worthy of having a better life and work toward that goal. It is tough at first but it gets better down the road!
Divorce is an eye opener. Yep, its going to hurt but you will grow in ways you never might have thought possible! No pain...no gain!
Went through that experience about 15 years ago....and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

This was a pm I recvd concerning the subject, just thought another perspective might be good:

I am SOOO PYST after reading that post of GMN's about the guy who "had no clue" and so everyone says she has a bf in the background. I want so very much to respond to that, but I don;t know that it is a good idea..... People are so stupid dun. I want to say "HE KNOWS WHY!!! He knows because she has told him and told him and told him and told him and he didn't care enough to listen ~THATS WHY!!"

dun":386id3l8 said:
This was a pm I recvd concerning the subject, just thought another perspective might be good:

I am SOOO PYST after reading that post of GMN's about the guy who "had no clue" and so everyone says she has a bf in the background. I want so very much to respond to that, but I don;t know that it is a good idea..... People are so stupid dun. I want to say "HE KNOWS WHY!!! He knows because she has told him and told him and told him and told him and he didn't care enough to listen ~THATS WHY!!"

I think in some situations that could be true, but in this case I don't buy it. Like I said it all happened so fast. The guy is a decent hardworking man, who always put his family first. Maybe they did grow apart, could be, but then say it, don't lead him on to think their could be a reconciliation, and then serve him with divorce papers at his job. To me there is no excuse for her actions. His coworkers had no idea, but after that day, everyone knew, he was humiliated, and he didn't deserve that.

He did ask her if there was someone else, she denied it, she denied to her Mom, and maybe there isn't, but I still say she owes him an explanation, he can handle it, then he can move on. I don't think thats too much to ask.,after 10 years of marriage.

GMN

Update for this story is that his wife had found another guy. She denied it and denied it but the truth finally came out. Bad thing is that it was someone he and his wife had both been friends with.

He is trying to move on with his life, soon he will be officially divorced. We played matchmaker last week, and he went out on a date for the first time in 10 plus years. Overall I think it went good, because since then they have gone out a second time, and talk quite a bit during the week.

Who knows, maybe everything happens for a reason.

GMN

Probably a good thing it happened.

Sometimes a divorce is a good thing.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....Well you all know the rest.

Good luck to your friend and I hope he finds someone that he likes and is great with the kids as well.. :)

I

Bad thing to say but with the economy being like it is the divorce rate will increase a bunch.
Seems like money and debt causes a lot of divorces.
And of course it's too easy to get a divorce.Instead of trying to work things out the easy way out is divorce.

Cal

Calman":ixjlxopw said:
Bad thing to say but with the economy being like it is the divorce rate will increase a bunch.
And of course it's too easy to get a divorce.Instead of trying to work things out the easy way out is divorce.

Cal
Not really easy or cheap, not in this state anyway. It takes money to get a divorce and usually about double what is quoted by the time all is said and done. Add in kids and you can add more cost.
Rarely do we know what is going on under someone else's roof....usually many variables involved and only those folks know what is best for them. Someone almost always gets hurt. When there are little ones they often end up victims. Sometimes when kids are in a war zone, the divorce is a good thing for them. Just hard to say that it is good or bad because it usually is both.
This economy just may have the opposite effect, couples will need to work hard together to get thru it.

Calman":14gnboxz said:

Cal

Money is the #1 cause of divorces in the U.S. ;-)

Brandonm22":3oqlnjav said:
Brute 23":3oqlnjav said:
Money is the #1 cause of divorces in the U.S. ;-)

Broke people should marry.

Two can live as cheaply as one if one doesn't eat and the other goes nekkid.

My divorce was fairly cheap but we sat down and settled everything before he filed. There was no fighting about stuff. He filed on the grounds of incompatibility. I married too young and grew up. It happened. It wasn't money.

I am not sorry a day for it, either. I really didn't like him anymore.

Latest posts