Don't you just love it

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Don't you just love it when you go out of your way to help someone and they just seem to go out of their way not to follow your advice?

I recently was asked to look at a problem and give advice on what to do. I spent an hour on the guys property and went over everything with him using my dime and my gas. Got a phone call about two months later and it went like this.

Fella: Joe, what you told me to do didn't work and I spent over $5000 on it and it failed.

Me: "Did you do the first thing I told you to do?"

Fella: "No. I skipped that part. Figured I'd save that money."

Me: "When you do it over, be sure you do that first because as you can see its rather important."

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Jogeephus":tovuyt7x said:
Don't you just love it when you go out of your way to help someone and they just seem to go out of their way not to follow your advice?

People ask questions here all the time then argue the answers. It seems like their minds are already made up and they are actually asking for confirmation, but don't word it that way. Are they playing me for an idiot? Occasionally a village idiot will jump in supporting them.

Sometimes you gotta wonder if its worth the bother to answer.

LOL e.g. Do cows still thrive in places like sulfur springs? I have sulfur in my well water that my cows drink. How come they have not died? (I kind of miss that village idiot at times - just out of amusement)

by the way, if you hit your finger with a hammer it hurts. Really bad. If you don't believe me you will some day.

Boogie, I know exactly what you are talking about. Sometimes I just want to ask what answer they are looking for so I'll make them happy.

What size hammer were you using? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Rafter, I was hoping I could fix stupid with a hammer. Might not accomplish anything other than making me feel better.

backhoeboogie":rhi8wq1h said:
by the way, if you hit your finger with a hammer it hurts. Really bad. If you don't believe me you will some day.

Yep, sure does. Try to drive one inch roofing tacks in tin and you will have plenty of experience with this.

If you use a big enough hammer and swing it hard enough, the pain isn't that bad :p

I heard a saying once, and I keep it handy, and it's perfect for these kinds of situations.

I give my advice freely, because there's no sweeter words than 'I told you so'.

Latest posts