Don't you just hate it when...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
You walk through a spider web in the dark??? Talk about doing a sudden dance. You can't get it off because it's so dammed sticky and then when you come back in the house and feel something crawling on your neck the dance starts all over again! EEEWWWW!!! Don't get me wrong. Spiders are good and all but NOT on ME!

I wish the banana spiders would quit building their webs at shoulder level. When you hit one of them it plasters the web square on your face and if you have my luck the darn spider is stuck between it and you face.

Jo, the banana spiders tend to stay in the flower beds in the canas. This was one of those hairy brown ones. That carry their babies on their backs? The really creepy ones.

That's right... I still fell my skin crawling and this was over an hour ago. I'm gonna go wash my hair. :cry2:

peg4x4":1vp7sz9b said:
All the more reason to wear a hat :lol2:

I didn't think about it at five this morning. When I had long hair it used to make me crazy, I'd go running to the shop and have Steve look all through my hair to see if there was anything in there. If he had been here today, I'd have done the same thing.

It's bad enough to walk into the web, but how about some of those strands that are almost unbreakable? I've seen some of them that would trap a human if they had a few more threads in it.

grannysoo":3o0h4dxo said:
It's bad enough to walk into the web, but how about some of those strands that are almost unbreakable? I've seen some of them that would trap a human if they had a few more threads in it.

I think that's the one I walked into. I was dancing around the yard so much I forgot why I went out there to start with. Good thing it was still dark.

your right its no fun to walk into spider webbs.i hate having to get them off of me but i dont freak out.an that may cause me to get bit 1 day.

Reminds me of that Far Side cartoon where the two spiders have built a web at the end of a slide and one says to the other, "If we pull this off, we eat like kings".

Lammie":3eutxl8x said:
Jo, the banana spiders tend to stay in the flower beds in the canas. This was one of those hairy brown ones. That carry their babies on their backs? The really creepy ones.

That's right... I still fell my skin crawling and this was over an hour ago. I'm gonna go wash my hair. :cry2:
Holy Yesterday!! You guys have have big hairy spiders that carry around little baby hairy spiders??? And great big snakes that are poisonous?? And cock roaches?? And wild hogs?? Ya'll might wanna rethink "God blessed Texas, with his own hands....." :help: :shock:

I got a June bug in my hair once. I am afraid of very few things, but June bugs (any bug with a hard shell actually), is on that list. I got one in my hair once on a trail ride (a june bug that is). It was dark, and I couldn't see anything, but I am grabbing around for something to get it out. I think if I'd of found a lighter I might have burned my hair off to get rid of it. After a mad search I tool my sock off and put it over my hand and pulled the bug out. That was years ago and I still get creeped out thinking about it.

angie":y7dlmale said:
Lammie":y7dlmale said:

Holy Yesterday!! You guys have have big hairy spiders that carry around little baby hairy spiders??? And great big snakes that are poisonous?? And cock roaches?? And wild hogs?? Ya'll might wanna rethink "God blessed Texas, with his own hands....." :help: :shock:

I got a June bug in my hair once. I am afraid of very few things, but June bugs (any bug with a hard shell actually), is on that list. I got one in my hair once on a trail ride (a june bug that is). It was dark, and I couldn't see anything, but I am grabbing around for something to get it out. I think if I'd of found a lighter I might have burned my hair off to get rid of it. After a mad search I tool my sock off and put it over my hand and pulled the bug out. That was years ago and I still get creeped out thinking about it.

The nice thing about June bugs is their size. Usually they don't get through your teeth if you are plowing at night and open your mouth. Now the tiny little midges are another story. They get around the safety glasses and into the eyes. You learn to turn off the head lights and navigate by the moon light every time you can.

Life got a whole lot better when I got a tractor with a cab on it.

june bugs don't bother me until they do a kamikazi flight right into you and scare the he%$ out of you. almost fell off my ladder last year when one centered me between the eyes

angie":2a6m6h16 said:
Lammie":2a6m6h16 said:

You need to come to Georgia for a while. Everything here bites, stings, or crawls on you. Texas ain't got nothing on Georgia!

I made a point of parking the truck somewhere else tonight. Away from trees. I also had a ciccada. is that how you spell it? land on me today. We have tons of those. When they land on you they just splat. I would hate to think of how that would sting on a four wheeler.

I have only screamed twice in my life. Both times were caused by bugs.
Just got done in the shower and was brushing my teeth and felt something on my shoulder, thought it was my hair, nope it was a large brown spider. My Dad never let me forget that yell because I scared him with it. :D :oops:
Second time was up at a camp in the Beartooth mountains. Was talking with some friends when one of my friends told me to look at the back of my left arm. There was a 3" long gray and black beetle with long anteneas on me. Over half the camp heard me. Found out later that that type of beetle bites.

Y'all forgot the "waterbug" an outside/inside roach as long as your finger. they fly. :shock: Pretty scary when the light turns on and they take off. Best cat toy in the world is one of them in a blown up ziptop plastic bag :nod:

alacattleman":1zrhdcxj said:
june bugs don't bother me until they do a kamikazi flight right into you and scare the he%$ out of you. almost fell off my ladder last year when one centered me between the eyes
I had a junbug hit me yesterday while I was riding the 4 wheeler luckily I was just idling along because it hit me right on the end of my nose even going slow it made my eyes water
If I had been running very fast I would probably cried :lol:

peg4x4":27twm4nc said:
Y'all forgot the "waterbug" an outside/inside roach as long as your finger. they fly. :shock: Pretty scary when the light turns on and they take off. Best cat toy in the world is one of them in a blown up ziptop plastic bag :nod:

That's funny. I wish I had a cat now.

When we lived in student housing we had those things everywhere. And since we kept the windows open at night, they would sometimes crawl into bed with us. Talk about wide awake at 2 am! I sprayed one once with Raid and I swear it turned and charged at me. They will chase you around! And if you step on one, they are full of brown goo. Yuck. It splats everwhere. No fun to clean up.

I was sleeping on the couch last night and a click beetle got up there with me. I caught it and threw it out the door. Wildlife... sheesh

pulling down my drive last friday i see my dog next to the front porch still as a rock looking down i knew she had somthing ....sure enough a dam copperhead.she had him fighting made because when i got out and walked up on the porch he was ready to strike, but one 12 gauge later his head was no longer copper infact there were'nt none ;-)

Latest posts