Don't Mess with Adrian

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Adrian has a large farm that begins where I turn off of US 62 onto Crockett Lane to go to my farm. At the turn off, there are two trailer homes. One is a guy about 45 with a couple of young boys. His wife must weigh 400 pounds. I have only seen her twice in four years. At the back of their trailer lot is an old grown up hay field. At the bottom of the field, is a fence line that belongs to Adrian. Adrian had a reputation for bad fences when I moved here. His cattle roamed all-over the remote areas of Crockett Lane. Several times there was a group of five or six cows nosing inside that old barn of mine where you turn up my lane. Over a two year period, Adrian's brother came down from Ohio and they did almost nothing except put in new fence. The fence adjoining the trailer folks was brand new 6 strand barbed wire.

A friend of mine, Steve, is Adrian's best friend. Steve came over this morning for an orientation on watching my cattle while I take a brief trip. He and I are the only friends Adrian has in the county. Not everyone dislikes Adrian but most people do not favor his attitude. You see, Adrian does not care what people think or who likes him. He hates government and especially local government. He will not use the sheriff. According to my friend Steve, this week-end was the junior deer hunting season. The trailer family apparently trespassed onto Adrian and killed a deer somewhere down on one of the hollers. To retrieve the deer, the boys used a four-wheeler. They cut Adrian's fence to access the deer. They drug it back to their trailer where they have an old barn. Adrian heard the shot and Sunday he went down on his tractor and saw the drag marks. That led him to where they cut his fence. Adrian is 68 but I have seen him in cut-off sleeveless shirts. He is remarkably fit for a man his age. Adrian chews cigars but he does not smoke or drink. He is a stout guy from what I can see.

Sunday, Adrian drove to the trailer house. Walked to the door and asked for the man who lives there. When the guy came to the door, Adrian told him the only satisfaction he really wanted was to have the guy come out in the front yard so Adrian could beat the hell out of him. He told the guy his boys cut his fence and drug a deer out. The guy tried to argue and became hostile. Adrian told him to shut his F***in mouth and come out into the front yard so he could get the satisfaction he came for. The guy did settle down and apologized with the guarantee that the boys would be disciplined.

Adrian fixed his fence and none of his cows got out.