Don't let this happen to you.

Help Support CattleToday:

pinzgauer1

Reaction score
One of my neighbors was hurt bad yesterday by a PET BULL.

The players:
One 65yr old man.
One 1800lb Holstein bull.

The scene:
Neighbor takes a bucket of corn into pasture to lead the bull into holding pen to facilitate loading the bull up to take to market. The bull sees man in field with bucket bull comes to man. Man pours a little on ground for bull to see. Bull starts to follow man to holding pen, bull keeps butting bucket in mans hand. The man pulls a pair of pliers out of back pocket and smacks bull on the nose to get him away from bucket.
This pi$$e$ the bull off and he charges the man and knocks him to the ground. the bull then lowers head and picks man up and throws him up into the air. He does this 3 times before my neighbor can get away from him

The end result:
collapsed lung,dislocated shoulder,assorted broken bones,to many bruises to count and a stay in ICU.

There is no such thing as a pet bull. Give them the respect they deserve cause they will hurt you and not feel bad about doing it.

pinzgauer1":jd3t4edy said:
There is no such thing as a pet bull. Give them the respect they deserve cause they will hurt you and not feel bad about doing it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This has been stated many, many times. And it's true every time it is stated.

he's lucky to have gotten away, after all that.... any thing that can flip a car on its side. or a school bus on two wheels, and has sht for brain's aint nothing too monkey with

I have had people actually try to pet my bull through a fence or coral. :mad: :mad:

It never makes sense to me why anyone wants to pet any cow/calf/bull or anything. Take that bucket straight to the pen and call the cows/bulls whatever. Use a cut gate and put them in their holding pens or loading chute. Life's to short to do anything else. Life's to short to chase cows.

When mine are run across the road to change pastures, I call them with the horn and hold them in the middle of the pasture as long as possible. Then I drive out and let them follow me and dump calling cubes in the new pasture before they get there.

I had a neighbor that was caught by a bull two years ago that put him in the hospital for several weeks. The bull had never shown any signs of aggression.The bull would not leave the man, after running him off for the third time they got the man out of the pen.

Last year we had a three year old come into the ER for head trauma. Grandma and Grandpa took the youngster over to pet their Bull. The little boy was petting the bull and then through the fence the bull butted the boy in the head. Caused a fracture skull, brain hemorrhage and the child was life flighted to Albuquerque for emergency surgery. It was all I could do to comfort the parents, the grandparents where so distraught, that I though they were going to be the next people in trouble.

I hate that.

You have to respect something that weighs ten times or more than you do... Even if it wasn't an outright attack one can still send you flying without even trying. I'm been knocked down before about two weeks after I had major surgery and had to spend a week in bed recovering. And that wasn't even that big of a deal. One just came up behind me and knocked me down with her head. Wanted food I guess.

This is a great example of people getting to comfortable with these MACHINES. Thanks for sharing.

First mistake: Never walk anywhere around a bull that size, always on a 4 wheeler. At least this way you can speed away to a fence etc, jump over, etc..

He is very lucky to be alive.

When holstein bulls turn they turn,its about 3.5 years of age, some don't even make it that long.

GMN

Well my neighbor is out of the hospital and home now. He is real sore as you can imagine
I dont think this is normal but it took three different times setting his shoulder before it would stay in socket. The word is now he is going out of the cattle business and selling all his stock.

pinzgauer1":1my6iu0f said:
Well my neighbor is out of the hospital and home now. He is real sore as you can imagine
I dont think this is normal but it took three different times setting his shoulder before it would stay in socket. The word is now he is going out of the cattle business and selling all his stock.

The guy we use to get our grain from, same thing happened to him, only it was the neighbors Limosuin bull, got out, and he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, ICU, multiple injuries, when he got home he had back pain, that he had to quit his grain business, and retire his herd. Just a split second can change someones life forever.

GMN

Latest posts