Don't know what's going on. Very worried.

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank you everyone for your advice. I took him to a new vet this morning. It was pneumonia. He told me after everything we had already done and he wasn't getting any better it would be the better choice to put him to sleep. He offered to try one more medicine but advised it could possibly kill him so we opted out. He was a very sweet baby and I am sad it had to end this way but it was better than him suffering longer. Again, thank you all for the tips and advice, it helped a lot.

No. I don't think this is for me. And I salute the people who do it on a daily basis.

Don't give up so quickly. It is very rewarding to raise a calf. Not sure where you are but chances are their are some very knowledgeable people in your circles that can get you started with one that actually has a chance at making it.

M-5":8v1zjbde said:
Don't give up so quickly. It is very rewarding to raise a calf. Not sure where you are but chances are their are some very knowledgeable people in your circles that can get you started with one that actually has a chance at making it.
Yes things would go much better with a healthy calf :nod:

Thank you for the encouragement. I do love animals but it's so heartbreaking. I may do that one day. In the meantime I have several books I need to study so I can be more prepared and a little more knowledgeable. You all are good people, and I'd like to thank you as well for not crucifying me. I was kinda worried to update but I did tell Dun I would let everyone know the outcome. I'll definitely keep coming back to this forum for information. :)

BarbG":1rbkrery said:
Thank you for the encouragement. I do love animals but it's so heartbreaking. I may do that one day. In the meantime I have several books I need to study so I can be more prepared and a little more knowledgeable. You all are good people, and I'd like to thank you as well for not crucifying me. I was kinda worried to update but I did tell Dun I would let everyone know the outcome. I'll definitely keep coming back to this forum for information. :)

Lots of good info here. Good luck

E-z 14. I probably should have answered your question differently about the cattle business. I should have said, I don't know if I want to work with another sickly calf from this lady. I have three cows. We don't work with them on a daily basis though. While all this was going on with the little one I didn't think about it because none of them have ever been sick. And after thinking over what I said it dawned on me I'm sorta already in the business. My apologies for not making things clear. I was so focused on getting him better I wasn't thinking about the girls at the time.