Don't dismiss those Pour On Parasiticides

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I met Brent Tolle, Senior Sale Rep at Merial (Boehringer Ingelheim). They make a wide range of parasiticides of every kind - drench, pour-on, injectable. They will sell you any kind you prefer but he very lucidly explained their research on the efficacy of Ivomec Eprinex pour on versus Ivomec Ivermectin Injectable. ALERT: THEY PRODUCE BOTH SO NO MOTIVE I COULD SEE FOR HIM TO ADVOCATE ONE OVER THE OTHER.

Results of their study, EQUALLY EFFECTIVE IF ADMINISTERED PROPERLY.

If you don't believe it, call him and I bet he will send you the research results.

Edited to add: all bets are off if you are using a generic. According to him, they are ineffective because of the poor concentration quality control and poor quality control on the active ingredient

callmefence":1wh3xw0l said:
With a big syringe and some cake. And a little practice you can get em without running through the chute.
And usually get enough on yourself to stay worm free.

Seriously, I can walk through my herd and put pour on onto every cow. They are so familiar with me, the only time I put them in the chute is for AI, injectables, restraining the head, etc. I do all pour ons in the pasture. I use a big plastic syringe for UltraBoss and I will use the backpack with the application gun they give you with the Ivomec Eprinex.

Bright Raven":3e8i60si said:
callmefence":3e8i60si said:
With a big syringe and some cake. And a little practice you can get em without running through the chute.
And usually get enough on yourself to stay worm free.

Seriously, I can walk through my herd and put pour on onto every cow. They are so familiar with me, the only time I put them in the chute is for AI, injectables, restraining the head, etc. I do all pour ons in the pasture. I use a big plastic syringe for UltraBoss and I will use the backpack with the application gun they give you with the Ivomec Eprinex.

everyone does not stump break their cattle.

M-5":2hbrnru4 said:
Bright Raven":2hbrnru4 said:
M-5":2hbrnru4 said:
everyone does not stump break their cattle.

Maturity advise from you ???? LOL

I am only trying to help.

Let me offer this:

You stated:
It is a free and open forum , and I decided to post a witty meme, I would post the same or something similar to anyone else that decides to air out other people business on a public forum. This person is not here to defend himself and all the hateful things you said about him. There are 3 side to every story , Yours , His and the truth. Ma'am I am not insecure there are several here that know me personally and all will attest I am not shy or Insecure. Now You could have just posted and OMG or LOL or even a WTF to my meme or my gif. Im sure most found it funny.

Son, when you have to tell us, you are NOT insecure, SON, YOU ARE INSECURE!

Bright Raven":22ltqnef said:
M-5":22ltqnef said:
Bright Raven":22ltqnef said:
Maturity advise from you ???? LOL

Let me offer this:

You stated:
It is a free and open forum , and I decided to post a witty meme, I would post the same or something similar to anyone else that decides to air out other people business on a public forum. This person is not here to defend himself and all the hateful things you said about him. There are 3 side to every story , Yours , His and the truth. Ma'am I am not insecure there are several here that know me personally and all will attest I am not shy or Insecure. Now You could have just posted and OMG or LOL or even a WTF to my meme or my gif. Im sure most found it funny.

I have been diagnosed by the great raven , I can overcome this insecurity now that I know the facts.

M-5":56mjxud0 said:
Bright Raven":56mjxud0 said:

Let me offer this:

You stated:

I have been diagnosed by the great raven , I can overcome this insecurity now that I know the facts.

Let's drop it M-5. This thread may have some value.

Hey Dash, when's the last time someone called you "son"?

Unless they were a long ways away on their puter. :lol:

Mod2.

I request that this thread be preserved. The information has value. Consider deleting the offending posts rather than locking or deleting the entire thread. Thank you. IMO the board has been more civil than it has been for a long time. I appreciate your effort.

Bigfoot":2cmidkzr said:
I had actually dismissed pour ons. I'll have to give them a second chance.

Troy. Brent is a bright guy. A western Kentucky graduate. The pour on debate has often been played out here. I hope Lucky has some input.

I'm not using any pour on for worms in cattle. UGA has done plenty of studies about cattle worming here in Georgia and all ivermectin based pour on wormers are ineffective compared to a drench or injectable. UGA is as independent as you can get in most agricultural studies.....besides grass research.

Ron - find the studies that reference the comparison and post them here. You will not have any followers here without proof. Not even my vet suggest using pour-ons. Most vets have that stance, because that is what has been proven (they are not as effective). Seeing the levels in the blood samples hours, even days, later would be proof that it works as well as injecting it.

I would gladly go to pour on versus injection if I knew it worked and did not contribute to the parasite resistance we are seeing. Like you, I could worm my cattle while they were loafing under the trees!

Fire Sweep Ranch":hjszrf8t said:
Ron - find the studies that reference the comparison and post them here. You will not have any followers here without proof. Not even my vet suggest using pour-ons. Most vets have that stance, because that is what has been proven (they are not as effective). Seeing the levels in the blood samples hours, even days, later would be proof that it works as well as injecting it.

I would gladly go to pour on versus injection if I knew it worked and did not contribute to the parasite resistance we are seeing. Like you, I could worm my cattle while they were loafing under the trees!

I just got off the phone with Brent. He is going to have Dr. Falk call me and provide links to the research. Be patient, I will post the studies ASAP.

BTW: keep in mind that Brent is not saying that all pour on parasiticides perform as Eprinex Eprinomectin. Eprinex is the only pour on with eprinomectin.

I should add that he reiterated that they also produce the Ivomec Ivermectin injectable - wanted to be very clear - They in no way shape or form are saying you should not use the injectable. In fact, it has a higher profit margin than the pour on. His only point with the injectable is to avoid the generic brands. Which also applies to the pour on.

Fire Sweep Ranch":i1xa2zua said:

Was the long range wormer you used on that cow that died a pour on or injectable?