Doing Her Job

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here is a cow that is certainly doing her job....
DSC04876.jpg

DSC04877.jpg

Some people want everything all at once! ;-)

I agree, the cow's in good condition for obviously raising a good calf. Not too much fat on her and she's not doing it too hard either. I'm pretty happy when mine look like that. :)

Santas and Duhram Reds":2m9zoi08 said:
She's looks like she's getting thin. I would like to see here girth. The calf is awful leggy. It is a good picture though.

Looks like a Red Poll mother to me.

Wewild":ee2hduv3 said:
Santas and Duhram Reds":ee2hduv3 said:
She's looks like she's getting thin. I would like to see here girth. The calf is awful leggy. It is a good picture though.

Looks like a Red Poll mother to me.

Looks like a girl thats earning her way to me.
But what can I say I have a soft spot for working girls.... :shock:

MD

I love those milk faces.

She will come back up when the calf comes off. Calf looks great to me.

I'll try to respond to everyone so far..

Santas, I don't really believe the calf is too leggy. As for the cow's girth, she is probably a bit pinched, but really it doesn't matter as she is raising a good calf every year. And, she is in pretty good condition for raising that calf on crested wheat pasture...

Wewild, the cow is commercial Red Angus. So take that for what it is worth, but I doubt that there is any Red Poll in her.

And, thanks to the rest of you for the comments.

SEC":2eretr89 said:
Want to sell that brockle face steer as a 4H steer

You mean the Black Brf in the first picture?? I'm sure we would. He's going to get sold anyways might as well be for a good cause. But you might want to see some of the other fellows first....

Santas and Duhram Reds":17turypp said:
I like 129 the most. Possibly the black heifer, I would have to see her at another angle.

129 is my favorite too. But that is partly because she is purebred Shorthorn. The cow is the dam to our son's 4-H steer last year. She's a good cow.

Unfortunately, it will be at least a week before I can get any other pictures of these calves. They are 2 hours away from here, and we won't be heading back up to check on them for at least that long.

randiliana":1266edvj said:
Wewild, the cow is commercial Red Angus. So take that for what it is worth, but I doubt that there is any Red Poll in her.

She doesn't have the white switch but she still looks like a few I look at everyday. I like her.

Wewild":2wcubj1m said:
randiliana":2wcubj1m said:

She doesn't have the white switch but she still looks like a few I look at everyday. I like her.

I have to agree. She definitely has a Red Poll head. I would guess some Red Poll blood somewhere in the red angus.

Latest posts