dogs running the cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Othe then the obvious of potental broken bones from falls, running into things or stepping in holes, the primary problem is stress and overheating. If the cow is close to calving it can cause premature birth or in early bred cows abortion. If the have calves the youngsters can get trampled or knocked down and stepped on, cows udders can be damaged from bangin around while running or torn from hangin up on brush, rocks, fence, etc. This is just running for the dogs entertainment. If the dog is under control and you're running them with working dogs it is less of a problem but it's still better to walk them then run them.

dun

> Is it harmful for cattle if dogs
> run with them or chase them? If
> so, what are the potential
> injuries or damage that can occur?

[email protected]

you could also end up having to build fence if the dogs (or the cows) aren't under control.

> you could also end up having to
> build fence if the dogs (or the
> cows) aren't under control. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~if i catch any dogs running my cattle i chase them off and find the owner an warn him one time.the next time the dogs will be shot dead .no if ands or buts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc

I have a zero tolerance policy if dogs are caught chasing cattle. They die then and there and nary a word is ever said afterwards. Warning neighbors simply identifies you as the reason that Rover didn't come home next time. Zero tolerance.

Craig-TX

Shoot Shovel and Shutup.

dun

> I have a zero tolerance policy if
> dogs are caught chasing cattle.
> They die then and there and nary a
> word is ever said afterwards.
> Warning neighbors simply
> identifies you as the reason that
> Rover didn't come home next time.
> Zero tolerance.

> Craig-TX