Dogs in a grocery store----yuck

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
My travels took me one county over today. I seized the opportunity to stop at about the last little country grocery left in these parts. An elderly lady owns it, and I stop there maybe every couple of years. I've never considered in clean, but I see no harm in a soda and a bag of chips from there. I mostly just enjoy the fact, that it's the last of its kind. When I opened the door, a foul smell over took me. A big old black dog appears to be spending his days inside the store. He even accompanied her behind the counter while she made a sandwich. Even in that setting, I didn't expect to see that, much less the dog residing there.

Service dogs are becoming a dime a dozen as well. I know two ladies my age that have one prescribed for them to treat anxiety. They wag them things everywhere they go. I know it makes me an evil person, but I greatly enjoy playing annoying subsonic dog noises when they are around-------I'm prepared for the backlash from that BTW, I just get a sick pleasure out of it.

Ok. First of all, gross on the dog behind the food prep counter.
Secondly. You need to get help. I'm concerned for you. First your running down dogs and rolling on without stopping, now you're torturing them subsonically. You may be a sociopath. Actually I'm just poking fun. You said you were ready!
Truthfully, I appreciate your honesty..especially with your flaws. It's refreshing.
Your post got me to evaluating myself..and my own flaws...thank you.

The dog behind the counter is disgusting. My dog rolls in stuff and I have seen her belly up to a fresh turd faster than a fat guy at The Golden Corral. As for torturing them, why? It's not the dog's fault it is where it is. It's just a dog trying to get through life and it drew the short straw. Try giving it treats instead.

https://www.fetchbistro.com/
Bigfoot, just in case you're ever in Wichita, do NOT go to Fetch Bistro. Went there with my parents, I thought the dogs were only allowed in the patio area but darn near tripped over a standard poodle that was lounging in the hall to the restrooms. Didn't bother me too much and the food was okay but definitely not on my list of places to go back.

Bestoutwest":3bd9ygq6 said:
The dog behind the counter is disgusting. My dog rolls in stuff and I have seen her belly up to a fresh turd faster than a fat guy at The Golden Corral. As for torturing them, why? It's not the dog's fault it is where it is. It's just a dog trying to get through life and it drew the short straw. Try giving it treats instead.

Now that deserves an applause. :clap:

Bigfoot":2hyscwu9 said:
My travels took me one county over today. I seized the opportunity to stop at about the last little country grocery left in these parts. An elderly lady owns it, and I stop there maybe every couple of years. I've never considered in clean, but I see no harm in a soda and a bag of chips from there. I mostly just enjoy the fact, that it's the last of its kind. When I opened the door, a foul smell over took me. A big old black dog appears to be spending his days inside the store. He even accompanied her behind the counter while she made a sandwich. Even in that setting, I didn't expect to see that, much less the dog residing there.

Service dogs are becoming a dime a dozen as well. I know two ladies my age that have one prescribed for them to treat anxiety. They wag them things everywhere they go. I know it makes me an evil person, but I greatly enjoy playing annoying subsonic dog noises when they are around-------I'm prepared for the backlash from that BTW, I just get a sick pleasure out of it.

There is a big difference between a service animal(SA) and what everyone these days is calling their emotional support animal (ESA). It has gotten so out of hand that people are bringing cats and small goats into places, calling it a service animal. Even our local post office had to put up a sign that basically said if you are not blind, don't bring in your dog. Some states are looking at revising laws, but I think, based on the ADA act webpage, the laws that we have are fine, most people just don't know about them. In fact, you can refuse service/entry to an emotional support animal, just not a bona fide service animal (which can include small horses). You cannot, however, refuse housing to someone because they have an ESA or an SA. The problem is that most businesses don't know the laws that well, and that even those that do don't want to risk an angry customer threatening a civil suit. It all really just takes away from those people who really need their dog to preform tasks so the person can actually live a life! End of rant!

I carry my dog with me most days, except in the hottest part of the year.
But he stays in the truck. Thing is nowadays you have to be careful about
Leaving a dog in the truck. Somebody told me it's against the law. Idk , don't really care. It's my dog and my truck.

Fwiw if he could I would rather him make me a sandwich than most people.

Latest posts