dogs an vets

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
brother is taking the cow dog to the vet to get a bath an a body shave.an to have a knott looked at on her belly.an give her her shots while shes there.the bill is already $100 for the bath an clipping/shaving.so no telling how much ole doc will end up charging.i think a new puppy would be cheaper.

wow..that is why I bathe our own..never had to clip one, but my neighbors clip their aussie mix..she looks awful til the clipper marks grow in abit, then shes fine..that is OK, she aint going for no beauty contest. :)

As for shots, I do all my own except for bordetella(which is only "as needed") and rabies..I like my vet alot, but I cant justify the expenses with three dogs when I can do it myself. :(

I was one of those who thought dog grooming charges were too high. Why should I pay more to shave the dog than I do to cut my own hair?? So I borrowed a pair of clippers and had at it. The dog was a little trooper, no squirming or trying to get away, he stood like a champ. Ya know how they name the hair cuts? There's the lion cut and poodle cut and so on? Well, the haircut I gave our poor dog was referred to as the "weed whacker", since it looked like that's what I used.

bigbull338":3cz10t7c said:
brother is taking the cow dog to the vet to get a bath an a body shave.an to have a knott looked at on her belly.an give her her shots while shes there.the bill is already $100 for the bath an clipping/shaving.so no telling how much ole doc will end up charging.i think a new puppy would be cheaper.

bigbull,
I guess your brother just loves and appreciates owning a good cow dog. A good loyal friend is hard to come by.
Tom.

she is my dog.or lest ways im the 1 she took up with when he brought her home.an she has been under my feet ever since.my brother hates messing with the cows.the vets bill was $115 for everything.an she has the poodle ball on the end of her tail.

Steffie goes once a year for a shampoo and her hair blown out, we had to cancel this year because of her emergency situation and time in the hospital, but Bo goes every year for a shampoo and a shave it is too hot for him in the summer and his furry coat. It is a little over $100.00 with the tip.
My dad had the bright idea that he should buy the clippers and do it himself. I still have pics, I should post one ,,,,,,what a mess and it took about a week to finish. :lol2:

It is easier on me and my back to take them in. ;-)

I have never heard of a vet doing a cut ours go to a groomer the name is doggie doo's and kitty's too.

I don't mind spending money caring for my pets, they have paid me back with companionship and loyalty more than they have ever cost me.

my vet has a groomer come in an groom dogs.i think we will have her shaved once a year.because it takes alot of stress off of her an us.

MO_cows":o4gnpwm6 said:
I was one of those who thought dog grooming charges were too high. Why should I pay more to shave the dog than I do to cut my own hair?? So I borrowed a pair of clippers and had at it. The dog was a little trooper, no squirming or trying to get away, he stood like a champ. Ya know how they name the hair cuts? There's the lion cut and poodle cut and so on? Well, the haircut I gave our poor dog was referred to as the "weed whacker", since it looked like that's what I used.

Also, you won't try to bite your hairdresser multiple times during the whole procedure.

But maybe you would, who can tell? ;-)

Edited once for bad typing skills.

We clipped Cole one year. Everything but his head because he would not tolerate that. He was a funny looking dog for a long time. Had him groomed and styled last summer and he was back to looking and smelling like himself in about fifteen minutes. I do need to cut the burs out of his fur and from around his ears. Had a Shitzu for a while and we took her regularly. Same thing. When I met Steve it was him or the dog, so she took a ride. She was the smelliest dog on earth. I found her one night and kept her thinking her owner would turn up, but no luck. After smelling her for a while, I understood why. And she was blind and incontinent. You had to turn on a light at night so that she could find her way back to the house. She's walk into porch steps and bang her head because she didn't see them or she'd just walk in the opposite direction until I had to send one of the boys out to hunt her up. And she'd only pee on the sidewalk.

Other than that, she was a good dog...

Latest posts