Dog Problem, need advise

Help Support CattleToday:

I've owned, bred, trained, hunted and competed with Labs... they don't have to be mean in order to be a hunting machine. Too often people get titles on their dogs and want to breed them afterwards. Considering the time, work, effort, and cost of getting titles (I've heard $50K quoted for an AFC) you can't blame them, but too often disposition isn't considered when breeding.

milkmade:

DOn't want to sound like I am saying Labs are any better or worse than any other breed. Its just alot of people think if they live in the county they need a dog like Old Yeller. :lol2: All dogs need training and structure. Especially these dogs that are bred to do jobs and people want to make them pets. I think the #1 cause for misbehavior is because the dogs get bored and don't have enough structured activity.

Just my opinion... :tiphat:

She showed up on my doorstep when she was about 5 months old. She had a collar, but no tags. I put signs up at the post office and around "town" but never found her owner. She looked well cared for, but she could have been a "dump dog". I can't begin to tell you how many dogs and young pups get dumped out here. People also use dogs to "run deer" in the fall, that get lost (and never claimed).
The puppies usually starve to death, but, if I find them in time, I take them to the pound or occasionlly find homes for them. All my dogs are neutered or spayed....I guess my point is, I have no idea about Rosie's breeding.

I'm so sorry--First take the dog to the vet,see if there is a problem(infected ear-such)Dog could have cancer,or believe if or not,a kind of dementia.. If the animal is in pain,it will strike out..
No food or water is not effective,as animals live only in the now.. If you can count 3 between the animals action and your reaction,you are too late..
This seems to be a new thing(excpt for the kittens) so something new has happened..I doght you can fix it,the dog will have to be put down..You have to decide who has the most value,the kids or the dog..

Brute 23":mkqd9oqb said:
All dogs need training and structure. Especially these dogs that are bred to do jobs and people want to make them pets. I think the #1 cause for misbehavior is because the dogs get bored and don't have enough structured activity.

Agreed. "A tired dog is a good dog." ;-)

No food or water is not effective,as animals live only in the now..
I missed this earlier post.
I never said she was not fed or watered. She was in the shade and had plenty of fresh water and food. I just kept her from running with the other dogs until she learned some manners. She is doing much better. I am not sure whether the situation has escalated, as much as our awareness of the problem.

Latest posts