Dog/Pet Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

I never owned a dog, had a few foster dogs. This was Tiny, he was a good dog. He lived to be 13 or 14 years old, got heart worms. That dog I'd let him off the chain while I was outside. I'd wonder off get busy doing something come back have him lost. I would be looking every where for him, he would be laid up in the truck sleeping. 🤣😂
I had another pitbull foster about the same age before Tiny. He was a good dog too. I don't have any pictures handy. He was good with cows. 😍

Attachments

• IMG_6429_original.JPG
    IMG_6429_original.JPG
    645.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_E2204_original.JPG
    IMG_E2204_original.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 32
I never owned a dog, had a few foster dogs. This was Tiny, he was a good dog. He lived to be 13 or 14 years old, got heart worms. That dog I'd let him off the chain while I was outside. I'd wonder off get busy doing something come back have him lost. I would be looking every where for him, he would be laid up in the truck sleeping. 🤣😂
I had another pitbull foster about the same age before Tiny. He was a good dog too. I don't have any pictures handy. He was good with cows. 😍
Dog that looks like that is called a target in my neck of the woods.
They are usually chained to cinder blocks around the trailer. Their owners looking like they fell face first into a tackle box and rolled over in a bucket of paint.

Pits get a bum wrap. They can be awesome dogs. We've got several friends that have them, and they are big babies. My wife works at a vet, and she said she would rather handle pits than alot of other breeds they see.

Shelby
She's got a heart of gold. Sweetest dog we've ever had. She was given to us by a breeder they couldn't sell her because she had a heart defect. She wasn't supposed to live to be 5, but she's 9 now. She tries her best to help with the cattle when she can, but it doesn't go as planned many times.

2F3D50D6-1CF6-4329-8FB2-3D7E4FCE257B.jpeg

Boaz
My son's favorite dog. Aussie/Heeler mix. He goes everywhere we go at the farm.

76F3F816-4245-44BA-A99B-C5CB6CAAF40B.jpeg

Dog that looks like that is called a target in my neck of the woods.
They are usually chained to cinder blocks around the trailer. Their owners looking like they fell face first into a tackle box and rolled over in a bucket of paint.

I get that. It's all on how the dog is raised that's with an animals or children. Pits have a bad reputation. If a dog is on your property harming live stock or people that goes for any breed different story.

We've had 6 Jacks and all so different in personality. Haley our first was like your Rube, full of grit. We put "all business" on her headstone.
Owned Russell's for years big dogs in a little body. Russell's are not for everyone they need lots of metal stimulation.
My old dog has cancer she had a lot of grit when she was well and the most hard headed one I ever owned.
My young dog the Mrs. got for me when DD was diagnosed.
Now 2D is by far the most intelligent Russell I have owned. Now she is still a Russell and any thing that has fin, fur or feathers needs to be destroyed.

I had to put my Border Collie down yesterday. Tough day at my house. She was 14. The neighbor says it is a badge of honor for a cow dog to reach that age as most don't. She was still working cows as late as January. Her name was Bear. I called her Bearly because she was bearly a dog and almost a human. Smarter and better behaved than most people's children.
I had a pep talk with the young dog today. I told her that she is going to have to pick up her game as she has some big shoes to fill.

Attachments

• P2071401.JPG
    P2071401.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 13
  • P5231465.JPG
    P5231465.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 13
  • P8161146.JPG
    P8161146.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 14
I had to put my Border Collie down yesterday. Tough day at my house. She was 14. The neighbor says it is a badge of honor for a cow dog to reach that age as most don't. She was still working cows as late as January. Her name was Bear. I called her Bearly because she was bearly a dog and almost a human. Smarter and better behaved than most people's children.
I had a pep talk with the young dog today. I told her that she is going to have to pick up her game as she has some big shoes to fill.
Oh boy, it never gets easy. So sorry for that. You lost a member of the family and a farm hand.

Latest posts