dog is digging his way to china

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
everyday I get home from work there is holes all over the yard. not little holes....holes 2 feet across and a foot deep..leg breaking knee bending the wrong way in the dark kinda holes.
so I have taken to keepin him in the garage except when we are home..he was out last night for a cpl hrs and dug a hole next to the ac unit .
everyday gage gets home from school and spends an hr raking in holes..grass is gone...yard looks like a mass of bullholes we filled in

im over it..gage wont let me get rid of him and I hate him locked in the garage for 20 hrs a day..hes out an hr before work and maybe 2 after we get home
at least he hasn't destroyed anything in the garage yet

the dang dog is loose all day..he has 5 acres to run..i keep him home with an electric shock collar and a wire on the btm of the fence..radio fence and collar..he don't get by it

idk what to do cept keep him locked up and as soon as ruins something in the garage then im gonna crate him 20 hrs a day...

so wtf do I do bout this dang gopher disguised as a dog

dieselbeef":1viv0o3g said:
everyday I get home from work there is holes all over the yard. not little holes....holes 2 feet across and a foot deep..leg breaking knee bending the wrong way in the dark kinda holes.
so I have taken to keepin him in the garage except when we are home..he was out last night for a cpl hrs and dug a hole next to the ac unit .
everyday gage gets home from school and spends an hr raking in holes..grass is gone...yard looks like a mass of bullholes we filled in

im over it..gage wont let me get rid of him and I hate him locked in the garage for 20 hrs a day..hes out an hr before work and maybe 2 after we get home
at least he hasn't destroyed anything in the garage yet

the dang dog is loose all day..he has 5 acres to run..i keep him home with an electric shock collar and a wire on the btm of the fence..radio fence and collar..he don't get by it

idk what to do cept keep him locked up and as soon as ruins something in the garage then im gonna crate him 20 hrs a day...

so wtf do I do bout this dang gopher disguised as a dog

Get a remote shock collar and just sit and wait while your home and turn it up on 6 and fry his @$$ by repeatedly hitting the button. That is how I break my hunting dogs and a yard dog we had that kept jumping on folks. If you really want them to get the point wet them before putting the collar on or let them stand in a puddle. I hear that works well ;-) :cowboy:

Got to make him a "jail". when our son got married our crew grew to 5 people and 6 dogs. An unruly, noises, and fussy bunch when you put them all together. I put my foot down and said no dogs in the house when they are all here. Before they got married I turned a 16 x 20 shed into 3 escape proof kennels. Even have half of it heated and coole to pacify the pet pampered. To stop the digging out I put down a cattle panel. Used 4x4 goat panels on stud walls between "cells" and on the gates. The ain't getting out unless someone lets them out.

There are to many good dogs that are euthanized to put up with that. Take him to the pound and trading for something else.

It took me three trips before I found my last pup. The humane society people were very nice and told me to bring'em back if they don't work out. We always have more to choose from.

i have taken to surrounding the house with field fence. it keeps him 5-6 ft from the house anyways. idk what we're gonna do. lockin him in the garage 20 hrs a day aint the answer....

weve had em 5 yrs and he aint never been like this....he has gotten waaaay worse since angel passed in oct...but we were home even less then when she was in the hosp all the time

cant shoot em..gage would know

shock collars no good..he don't do it when we are home..never seen him dig..rarely

hes not burying bones..he aint digging moles..he does chase squireels up the tree and destroy everything planted underneath it

I mean im not looking for a golf course..we live on a ranch...I drive tracotrs on the grass..if it don't grow I don't water or fertilize it but dangit..theyre worse than bullholes

the biggest problem is Gage will put up with whatever. he don't care bout fixin the holes..now I make him stay outside with the dog whenever hes out loose...hopefully he will get sick of it and look for a new home for the pos dog

i know stupid is bored.....but what to do..he chases squirrels..cows...runs up and down the haybales..I thought about another dog but idk if then ill twice the holes

Caustic Burno":1gub717e said:
https://www.chewy.com/petsafe-pawz-away-extra-outdoor-pet/dp/48589?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=PetSafe&utm_term=&gclid=CJie5qmDkdICFVK1wAodyAEKzw&gclsrc=aw.ds
From the description, it sounds like Gary would have to have 100 of them to keep the dog from digging in a large yard--that would get expensive.

Buy the boy a new bike and a leash and wear them both out. When I start seeing problems like this I kick the dog off the truck at the front gate to the ranch and make them trot everywhere I go for a couple of days. With young dogs I do it before they get a chance to create bad habits.

Caustic Burno":3f25650l said:
https://www.chewy.com/petsafe-pawz-away-extra-outdoor-pet/dp/48589?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=PetSafe&utm_term=&gclid=CJie5qmDkdICFVK1wAodyAEKzw&gclsrc=aw.ds

I reckon those might be ok to fill in the holes. I'd probably lean more towards a regular rock over a store bought one though.

;-)

Latest posts