Dog has worms! need advice

Help Support CattleToday:

codymccue":2ig6d263 said:
hopalong":2ig6d263 said:
...and I resent the "bumpkin" comment.I'm a REDNECK! :cowboy:

Maybe it's just my neck of the woods, but I didn't realize there was that big of a difference between the two terms - one is just a little more obvious than the other. ;-) :lol:

msscamp":382q1ijb said:
codymccue":382q1ijb said:
hopalong":382q1ijb said:
...and I resent the "bumpkin" comment.I'm a REDNECK! :cowboy:

Maybe it's just my neck of the woods, but I didn't realize there was that big of a difference between the two terms - one is just a little more obvious than the other. ;-) :lol:

hehe-yes'm...bumpkin has always conjured up images of simpletons and halfwits to me...
whereas...to quote Charlie Daniels:
what most people call a redneck ain't nothin but a workin man who makes his livin by the sweat of his brow and the callouses on his hands
:cowboy:

but I see yer point :nod: :lol2:

Beefy":1bov9uvx said:
to clarify, i meant if the dog has heartworms you can kill it [the dog] with ivomec.

i agree it sounds like probably tapeworms.

Heartworms can be killed and controlled with ivomec. We have been thru a treatment of ivomec on one of our dogs, as instructed by our vet. You just start slow and work your way up. The dogs build up a tolerance, the heartworms do not.

dun":1wtvu15p said:
I was thinking more along the lines of possible tapeworms besides the run of the mill worms

Flat worms or round worms. Take it to the vet. They will do a culture and see what you have and how to treat it. Get some heartworm preventative while you are there. Worth the money. You can get wormer over the counter. Happy Jack makes a good one.

Latest posts