Does this feeder make my butt look big ?????

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Lil calves looking at me like can you help us get these fattys out were hungry

ResizedImage_1438647801865_zps9dad4161.jpg

ResizedImage_1438647803215_zpsb80928e7.jpg

Fattys trying to figure out how to get out
ResizedImage_1438647802828_zps785affe7.jpg

ResizedImage_1438647802474_zps70606844.jpg

ResizedImage_1438647801113_zpsc7e385ee.jpg

This is SD1030'S Bull :lol: Hey your bull is hungry send me a pallet of feed for him ;-) He is 5 months old and growing pretty well especially since hes come from my smallest cow this was her first calf born this year in Feb

ResizedImage_1438647800463_zps77404a82.jpg

ResizedImage_1438647834237_zpsa3c8356a.jpg

ResizedImage_1438647833595_zps2e22dfa8.jpg

No. But I see the balls on that one that should of been cut 5 months ago. You don't sell steers Sky?

highgrit":v74bo73a said:
No. But I see the balls on that one that should of been cut 5 months ago. You don't sell steers Sky?

I use too band soon as they were born but with prices lately only a 50 buck difference or so I leave intact. I have 5 intact and 2 steers that will be sold in Oct. I look at the 50 buck difference as in intact they grow faster than banding or cutting and that 50 bucks is saved in the feed. That's just my twisted way of thinking.

Sky i tell you what ill send you two pallets of feed in exchange for the bull calf. Hows that sound?

Sd1030":32mbk7up said:
Sky i tell you what ill send you two pallets of feed in exchange for the bull calf. Hows that sound?

two dozen pallets man you sure are the best. I will do that deal :D

:lol: i bet you would, i think you need to reread my original post.

sky

I see a wreak waiting to happen with that size calf going into the feeder, you can sure get one hurt and that is going to cost you a bunch cause those boys are worth some $.

gizmom

gizmom":1konsl18 said:
sky

I see a wreak waiting to happen with that size calf going into the feeder, you can sure get one hurt and that is going to cost you a bunch cause those boys are worth some $.

gizmom

Yep... I agree. I been thinking about running a electric line out from the feeder that calves can go under but not the big ones but im worried the lil ones may get shocked or be scared to go into the feeder. All my pastures have feeders so moving them isn't going to help. I may tilt it to where the small calves can walk in beside the electric fence without getting shocked but worried about rain blowing in on the feed.

We have electric fence around our feeders (we didn't use creep this past year but still have the creep pens) used two strands then built a creep gate going into the pen. It worked when we were using it, finally did it after a big old calf got all twisted up in the creep feeder and ended up with a broken shoulder. Made the cost of the creep pen look cheep, he was one of my top bull calves that year.

gizmom

skyhightree1":1b03e2lk said:
gizmom":1b03e2lk said:
sky

gizmom

Yep... I agree. I been thinking about running a electric line out from the feeder that calves can go under but not the big ones but im worried the lil ones may get shocked or be scared to go into the feeder. All my pastures have feeders so moving them isn't going to help. I may tilt it to where the small calves can walk in beside the electric fence without getting shocked but worried about rain blowing in on the feed.

Have you thought about welding another piece of angle iron about 4" down from the top? I'd think that would stop the big ones from getting in. Of course, I don't see how they got in it the way it is now.

Rafter S":2wr99oyk said:
skyhightree1":2wr99oyk said:
gizmom":2wr99oyk said:
sky

gizmom

Have you thought about welding another piece of angle iron about 4" down from the top? I'd think that would stop the big ones from getting in. Of course, I don't see how they got in it the way it is now.

I thought about bolting a piece across there instead of welding just like you said but im worried the fools could get in then be really stuck trying to get out.

Latest posts