Does she look comfy?

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
My cat (who is currently pregnant) always puts herself into weird positions so I thought I'd post a collection.
5340_143571968641_518128641_3396953_1268232_n.jpg

3059_94891608641_518128641_2510024_3737788_n.jpg

3059_94891603641_518128641_2510023_3232404_n.jpg

3059_94891588641_518128641_2510021_5566681_n.jpg

I am not fond of red cats and cull all reds, I am into black stripes on grey, and preferably no white.
However that other pet of yours looks good, stop trimming him and make him put on a tad more muscle, he would be a show winner!

Odd,I love red cats with white,tho don't have any at this time. All my girls are getting older,so will have to replace someone sooner or later..Then will try for a redandwhite or a calico (or both) If I'm still here.

peg4x4":1vhbqdh3 said:
Odd,I love red cats with white,tho don't have any at this time. All my girls are getting older,so will have to replace someone sooner or later..Then will try for a redandwhite or a calico (or both) If I'm still here.

Is calico the colour I referred to?
You will be here; true cats have nine lifes!

A calico cat has distinct patches of black and red with white trim. a tortousshell (sp)cat has black and red mingled,may have white..there are dilute of these,grey,ginger with white/ grey,ginger mingled.. In Texas the grey with black stripes/swirls is brindle or tiger. They also come with white trim..they can be male or female,but calico/tortisshell cats are always female.Calico cats with a lot of white are called "penny spot"and are thought to be lucky.. [there,more than you wanted to know]

Now I know some of it in english,thank you, it is a little easier in swedish.so I love brindles; cause they have more fun!

Go to ASK,type in calico cats--that'll give you a good idea of the pattern..they also come in brindle and red,the stripes continue,only changeing color from patch to patch.. I can't spell-tortusshell is kind of like a roan horse except it's red insted of white mixed with the dark color. :wave:

That's interesting, Peg. I always thought tortoise shell was the PATTERN, not the color. Some cats have spots instead of stripes and the spotted pattern looked like a tortoise shell to me.

Tortoiseshell.

She sell seashell by the seashore,
but the seashells that she sell are sheshells I am sure!

:lol2: :nod: Love the tongue twister
I have much more useless information locked up in my head. :help: Sometimes it comes out at inopertune times :( Animals are a "hobby" of mine--inbred behavior in dogs in particular..Odd color patterns in horses--Tiger Horses- Brindle Horses (not the same pattern at all) There is soo much to wonder at in this world :D I feel I must enjoy as much as I can...This computer lets me explore so much without leaveing my chair. :compute: Have you heard about the "Yukult"Horse? They live out in Siberia in the winter where the temp is 100f below zero! Amazing!

Just an update. Took her to the vets today and as well as being beautiful and good tempered (she laid down on the table and just stayed there while the vet checked her) she's healthy and the vet said she could feel 4 kittens so we should expect around that many. :lol2: Couple of weeks to go

Burmese are coffee brown--chocolate point siamese are different shades of brown..

peg4x4":1yqdz3p4 said:
Burmese are coffee brown--chocolate point siamese are different shades of brown..

Yeah I'm familar with the seal point siamese but don't think I've ever seen a wholly brown cat in my life.

Look up Burmese Cat on cat breeds--- They are the most beautiful coffee with a drop of cream color. Also come in dilutes. Not to many out running around in the stray population.

Latest posts