Does anyone know

Help Support CattleToday:

jtbakv

Reaction score
what this is. I bought this cow a few weeks ago and she had this area on her side at first I thought it was a branding mark but its not, no surgery either. Could it be where you might put an IV. any suggestions?
0202.JPG
0243.JPG

jtbakv":3933dczc said:
what this is. I bought this cow a few weeks ago and she had this area on her side at first I thought it was a branding mark but its not, no surgery either. Could it be where you might put an IV. any suggestions?
0202.JPG
0243.JPG

Could it be a tag mark from the market tag being left on and it taking the hair off? Maybe more than one time with a new tag being placed over the area to hide the previous mark.

You might try some stuff called Fluid Film. You can get it at your tractor dealership. I had a bull with something similar looking, except an oval patch. My vet told me the fluid film will kill any bacteria on the spot. I sprayed it on daily for about a week. In about a month the spot was gone. I didn't take the bull in to the vet. I just described it and he told me about this stuff. You might give it a try. I now keep a can or two around for ringworms and other skin problems...

http://fluid-film.com/

when I bought it there were several with the same mark all in the same spot. I dont think it would be a tag mark due to it being so uniform and square. Maybe my first instinct was right maybe it is a brand just badly done. I don't know, I keep a purple solution on it cant remember the name. but its healing pretty good as hair is seen growing in spots.

Latest posts