Does anyone have this?

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
If not there is 3 available for you that you can get :lol2: Looks too complicated for me.

IMG_20170531_122930666_zpsqbq9u8p8.jpg

Mine are Zarebas and they sure are nothing to brag about. The best thing about them is the local Co-op handles parts and they are easy to fix, unless they take a direct hit.

Some of that stuff has gotten crazy expensive. Guy I work for and a buddy of mine all walked in to the feed store to get some stuff. One of the things we needed was a hot wire fence tester. The cheapest one was $60 and went up to $100. I told them for like $20 Ill grab the wire to see if its hot. They both laughed... I was like... no, for real, $20. :) We ended up finding one for $8 at another place.

Brute 23":v633phxd said:
Some of that stuff has gotten crazy expensive. Guy I work for and a buddy of mine all walked in to the feed store to get some stuff. One of the things we needed was a hot wire fence tester. The cheapest one was $60 and went up to $100. I told them for like $20 Ill grab the wire to see if its hot. They both laughed... I was like... no, for real, $20. :) We ended up finding one for $8 at another place.
How accurate are you at telling the difference between 4k volts and 10k volts? A decent digital is worth its weight. And if you get the ones that show the direction of a ground (Not all that much more money) they can be worth twice their weight if you have a lot of fences and sub-divided fences

dun":1sjhdbse said:
Brute 23":1sjhdbse said:
How accurate are you at telling the difference between 4k volts and 10k volts? A decent digital is worth its weight. And if you get the ones that show the direction of a ground (Not all that much more money) they can be worth twice their weight if you have a lot of fences and sub-divided fences

Yep I was way to stingy for years and will gladly pay twice what I paid for one I have now if it quits

skyhightree1":14f5wjq6 said:
I only have parmaks ... If that one comes down to 100.00 ill buy it then lol

If it comes down to $200, buy it for me, I'll go good for it. I want one of those. My m1000 has never given me a bit of trouble.

What store is that?

I've got 3 of the M1000's and they've been pretty good boxes. Still have one of the old M800's, and swear it outperforms the larger units.

cfpinz":2dtnef0x said:
What store is that?

I've got 3 of the M1000's and they've been pretty good boxes. Still have one of the old M800's, and swear it outperforms the larger units.

It is at the west broad southern states in Henrico.. Nice... I may try one if I can get it cheap

I have an older 1800. Not the fancy screen one though. Some 1500s, 1000s.. Had them all the way back to old BEV 2's etc No complaints with gallagher here.

dun":223z3aeo said:
Brute 23":223z3aeo said:

LOL Too funny.... :cboy:

That box say 18 joules. I hit a 15 joule fence one time. I saw the light. I think my life flashed before my eyes. I try to avoid my 2 or 3 joule fences. I don't get within 10 feet of my neighbors 15 joule fence. Works the same for cows.

Dave":2f0nc4gf said:
That box say 18 joules. I hit a 15 joule fence one time. I saw the light. I think my life flashed before my eyes. I try to avoid my 2 or 3 joule fences. I don't get within 10 feet of my neighbors 15 joule fence. Works the same for cows.

My wife bumped her head on a fence with a M800 on it one time, it literally left a black mark on her head. She swears she saw stars.

With the digital checker, I start picking up stray voltage 6-8 inches from a hot wire on one of the good fences. I think cows can pick up on that with their noses, wet as they are.

Latest posts