Does anyone have a image of a bovine nervous system?

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
The thread on pinched nerves made me curious about the nervous system of cattle. Do any of you Veterinary or Animal Science students/people have an image of the nervous system of a bovine? I can't seem to find anything online...

You are unlikely to get a good image online. I haven't checked recently but I doubt it. The best reference I know of is a text by Chris Pasquini--it's an anatomy text with very easy to understand graphics. It's available for purchase online, not inexpensive, but if I was going to vet school today I'd want it. http://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Domestic- ... 0962311421 . Technically what you are looking for is the nerve passing through the obturator foramen, sometimes mistakenly called the obturator nerve, as I believe I remember it actually being the sciatic nerve which gets pinched. The obturator nerve is there, but not the one which causes the lameness in the peri-calving period.

Hope this helps!

I will see if I can find a picture after my exam that I can post here. I have the Pasquini book (both the all species one, and the exclusively bovine one) and he has some great pictures. I will see what I can come up with :)

TCFC

Latest posts