Does anyone have a good cake recipe?

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl":1llniwd5 said:
I need to make a birthday cake but can't find a good recipe. I'm thinking chocolate cake with chocolate icing and jam and cream filling.
Sounds pretty good! But I'm thinking "Better than Robert Redford cake" sinful, really. :D Goes by another name too, :nod: google it, you may want to try it.

Crazy Cake

3c. flour
6T. baking cocoa
2t. baking soda
1t. salt
2c. sugar
1t. vanilla
1/2c. vegetable oil
2T. vinegar
2c.water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shift all dry ingredients in to a 9"x13" ungreased pan. Make 3 holes in the flour mixture: pour vanilla into one hole, oil into another hole, and vinegar into the third hole. Pour water over the top of it all and mix together well with a fork. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Set aside and let cool.

Now you can take out the cocoa and substitute spices for spice cake.

Ended up just getting Betty Crocker to help me out. But I accidently bought "non whipping cream" so had to make up a filling from things I had in the house. So Philadelphia cheese, icing sugar, a little cream and a tablespoon of dissolved coffee so I had a filling. Cake didn't last very long at all. SUCCESS!!

Sounds good, Philly makes everything good especailly with icing sugar.. :lol2:

I like to make pudding icing ,you use jello pudding mix (use what ever flavor you like) and instead of adding milk you use whipping cream. It works great on layer cakes, you just have to make sure it is refrigerated..

Ilh I have copied your recipe.

Misty your cake sounds fab, I mean it has to be if it is better than Robert Redford, what on earth could be better than that... :cowboy:

HD I used to make that cake a lot when I was younger. My daughter made it last year for the county fair. :D She got second place. :D

I have not made this but have tasted it, yum.

COCA-COLA CAKE

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups small marshmallows
½ cup shortening
½ cup butter or margarine
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup Coca-Cola
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon soda
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla

Sift sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Combine butter, shortening, cocoa and cola and heat until butter is melted. Pour over flour mixture and stir well. Add buttermilk, soda, beaten eggs, vanilla and marshmallows. Mix well and spoon into greased and floured 9 inch by 13 inch pan. Marshmallows will tend to gather in one section, distribute throughout the pan. Bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Spread with cola topping wile cake is still hot.

Coca-Cola Topping:
½ cup butter or margarine
6 tablespoons cola
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 box 4X sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans

Combine butter, cola and cocoa, bring to a boil. Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and pecans. Pour over hot cake.

MistyMorning":29oenm1m said:
Sounds pretty good! But I'm thinking "Better than Robert Redford cake" sinful, really. :D Goes by another name too, :nod: google it, you may want to try it.
Cake is my favorite desert, and this is my favorite cake!! Good choice MM! :clap:
Someone posted a Hawaiian cake recipe on here the other day ~ I have had that as well and it is very very good.

Latest posts